Loading...
Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  192
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 117

Thread: Adamson BBQ

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bayfeild
    Posts
    5,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Minaccia View Post
    My mother's cousin in Italy died from Covid in May and my uncle, aunt and cousin had it here in Canada and they recovered. This virus is new to us and as you can see it's easy to catch especially if you have underlying issues. The common flu has been around for a long time and most of us get vaccinated for it but Covid is new as they still don't know everything about it.

    I don't like to see the small businesses get shut down either but the problem is we have people that don't believe the virus is real or exist and there lies the problem, I know me wearing a mask won't stop everything but it will help and it's what we're asked to do to help control this thing. I'm following the rules that's all I'm doing.

    I have to respect the people who think this virus is a scam, how come those people don't respect the ones that think it's real. It's always those conspiracy theorist, they know everything and trust nobody, lol.
    I think it real. and i know based on the science that it has a better then 99.4% survival rate.

    I dont think anyone here in this thread is debating masks. I for one disagree with how effective people say they are, and the science backs me up but i still wear one. every where i go everyone is wearing masks.

    I draw the line at shutting down business and destroying peoples lively hoods, and stamping out peoples freedoms, for a virus that has a 99.4% survival rate. especially when its only effecting some. and the rules are not equally enforced.

    there is no way to justify this. especially by saying just wear a mask and follow the rules.

    Protect the Vulnerable. Stop the fearmongering

  2. #32
    Club Supporter bbriann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Port Elgin
    Posts
    584
    So if survival rate is 99.4% , so that works out that 1 out of 200 die from virus from contracting covid-19, do we get to pick who the 1 person is or can we have a volunteer?

  3. #33
    Member bluetoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    1,311
    So far you still just as likely to die in a traffic accident.. So wheres the shutdown of all the roads.

  4. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bayfeild
    Posts
    5,037
    Quote Originally Posted by bbriann View Post
    So if survival rate is 99.4% , so that works out that 1 out of 200 die from virus from contracting covid-19, do we get to pick who the 1 person is or can we have a volunteer?
    I honestly dont understand the logic behind this sentiment. Especially after I clearly said protect the vulnerable.

    Name me one other disease that we lock down everybody to protect the vulnerable? And many diseases with much higher death rates.

    What is different about this one?
    Last edited by 5.4MarkVIII; 11-30-2020 at 01:09 PM.

  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Newmarket
    Posts
    759
    I happened to drive by Upper Canada Mall on Saturday. The entire parking lot was jamm packed full, with people literally lined up to get in at the entrances.
    Then I passed a Sobey's grocery store at Bathurst and Carville road in Richmond Hill. Same thing.

    Then we decided to go to my local Costco and the lineup was around 3 sides of the building. And no one was practicing social distancing, outside, or in.

    It's no wonder that so many small businesses are upset, and for whatever ulterior motives he may have, so also Adam Skelly. So many of these small business owners are literally fighting for their lives and their families.

    I honestly don't know which way is right: to lock down everything and hope to "flatten the curve" or let everyone open up and hope for the best.
    Personally, I think that small business including restaurants should be allowed to at least open up in a limited way as they were in September.
    2016 Jaguar F-Type "S" vert
    '89 Coupe, ,'19 Fusion hybrid,
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-550 Dump
    '19 F250 Crewcab;
    '17 F-250 work/plow truck

  6. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by Minaccia View Post
    My mother's cousin in Italy died from Covid in May and my uncle, aunt and cousin had it here in Canada and they recovered. This virus is new to us and as you can see it's easy to catch especially if you have underlying issues. The common flu has been around for a long time and most of us get vaccinated for it but Covid is new as they still don't know everything about it.

    I don't like to see the small businesses get shut down either but the problem is we have people that don't believe the virus is real or exist and there lies the problem, I know me wearing a mask won't stop everything but it will help and it's what we're asked to do to help control this thing. I'm following the rules that's all I'm doing.

    I have to respect the people who think this virus is a scam, how come those people don't respect the ones that think it's real. It's always those conspiracy theorist, they know everything and trust nobody, lol.
    First off in sorry to hear about your loss. I truly believe the virus is 100% real. But that being said I donít fear it as a killer.

    Whatís happening in Europe is different from here. Theyíre dealing with something completely different IMO. Iím convinced itís a different virus there all together.

    Also understand that the numbers show less then 5% of all reported cases ( keep in mind 50% false positives) are restaurant related so itís unfair to shut them down while major businesses stay open and continue to run zooís.

    I for one appreciate people who follow the rules. But I can openly and honestly say I personally donít wear a mask for many reasons.

    1. They donít work
    2. I canít breath
    3. Iím choosing to take a stand against mandatory masks to show people they shouldnít be afraid. It just takes a few and the rest will wake up slowly.

    Thereís to many variables in this ď virusĒ. And no evidence supporting a lot of the claims. That being said nobody, mask wearing or not, can say this while this isnít a massive over reaction and a ploy for government take over.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #37
    Club Supporter mavrrrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Pickering
    Posts
    3,764
    Yup.... lost my Mom to Covid on April 23.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #38
    Dech Boy Zippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by mavrrrick View Post
    Yup.... lost my Mom to Covid on April 23.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry for your loss Mav.

    98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

  9. #39
    Dech Boy Zippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,637
    "I can't breath"

    My head hurts from this statement

    98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

  10. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bayfeild
    Posts
    5,037
    Quote Originally Posted by mavrrrick View Post
    Yup.... lost my Mom to Covid on April 23.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sorry for your loss

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service