Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  186
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Adamson BBQ

Mustang Occasionally
    What would help everyone navigate through this is a daily or weekly report that is in context. Not just how many positive cases there are because, to me, that is only part of the information and basically fear mongering. This report should be clear and easy to find on the Government of Ontario website.

Number of tests.
    Number of positive results from those particular tests.
    Number of symptomatic vs asymptomatic from those tests.
    Number of ICU beds in Ontario.
    Number of ICU beds taken by Covid patients.
    Death rate on outcome of Covid positives.
    Age of victims who have succumbed.

Give people the information to make the best decisions for them and their families.

Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    He was directing that at me. Hinting not wearing a mask because I can’t breath isn’t a valid excuse.

What Ross doesn’t know is I wear an industrial grade mask with a double filtration system all day long so I can tell when a mask doesn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds good Zutz

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    What would help everyone navigate through this is a daily or weekly report that is in context. Not just how many positive cases there are because, to me, that is only part of the information and basically fear mongering. This report should be clear and easy to find on the Government of Ontario website.

Number of tests.

Give people the information to make the best decisions for them and their families.
    Agree, the info. you mention above would be very helpful in better characterizing the virus and the risk it poses to individuals. This Gov't of Canada site gives some of the details. Scroll down the page to find some info. on hospitalization data.

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/co...-cases.html#a7

Not sure if anyone caught the news yesterday about voluntary testing being done in some Toronto schools, but they found 19 asymptomatic cases (tested 400+ kids and staff). 18 were kids and one adult. If they hadn't tested, those kids would have carried on as usual...because they didn't realize they have the virus. Kinda confirms what a lot of people have been saying; lots of people out there unknowingly infected, but hard to characterize without actually testing everyone. And....doesn't give us a true sense of the mortality rate of this virus, i.e. its much lower then advertised.

Off my meds again
    Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    He was directing that at me. Hinting not wearing a mask because I can’t breath isn’t a valid excuse.

What Ross doesn’t know is I wear an industrial grade mask with a double filtration system all day long so I can tell when a mask doesn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough. I was a temperature screener, and could tell even N95 masks are useless.

Now before anyone jumps on my case. I wore the mask outside for no more than a few minutes at a time. Any more than say 5 minutes, I was struggling to breath and inside is a big no-no. Not to mention I'm a citizen of Panic Attack City if I have to wear a mask inside.

I also have a difficult time breathing with my mask on. I was at a mall the other day to get my son a haircut. We had to walk up the stairs because the escalator was closed due to covid...?? At the top I could not catch my breath. I struggled for several minutes and finally decided to prevent me from passing out I would get a soft drink so i could take off my mask and drink it without one of the many security officers throwing me out. So if you think everyone can breathe with these things on just because you can, then you are wrong. Had the same problem a couple weeks ago at the eye doctor. Was out of breath a bit, I pulled my mask away from my face only to inhale. The receptionist told me rudely " put your mask on" I said I can't catch my breath and she rolled her eyes and said "right, I wear one 8 hrs a day and I don't have any problem".

My wife works in health care and asked the CEO if there is any truth in how they determine cause of deaths....if someone had a heart attack and died but also tested positive for covid it is considered a covid death because its worth more money to the hospital that way. How many deaths are from years of bad habits but get called a covid death ? Money �� trumps the truth

You’re wife’s expert opinion is that her own hospital is faking (embellishing) Covid numbers/deaths for money?

For what it’s worth: these are “Covid related deaths”.
    I get the point you are trying to make, but if someone with a heart condition gets Covid, and the virus stresses the body to the point of a heart attack, is Covid not a factor in that death?
    -Don____________

Club Supporter
    That's a good way to lose a high 6 or low 7-figure job.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    You’re wife’s expert opinion is that her own hospital is faking (embellishing) Covid numbers/deaths for money?

For what it’s worth: these are “Covid related deaths”.
    I get the point you are trying to make, but if someone with a heart condition gets Covid, and the virus stresses the body to the point of a heart attack, is Covid not a factor in that death?
    the question i would ask is, if someone gets the flu and dies from a heart attack, do they get listed as a flu related or a heart attack? I don't know the answer to that question I don't think you should be suppressed at the idea of a hospital working things for more money. My cousins hospital ceo (if that what you call them) shut down a floor to meet the budget, got a bonus for meeting her target. and then a week later the nurses union was pulling adds blaming the government for the layoffs. I would not be surprised at all to find out they were labeling deaths a certain way to get bonus money

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post

Number of tests.

100% agree