Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  186
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Adamson BBQ

I also heard him today and he said to support the local small business and not online such as Amazon and the big retailers, not sure how we both heard different messages.

Their reason for keeping the small business closed is because they don't want us going to 5 different stores to do our shopping, not sure if it's helping with the spread of the virus but it's not helping the small businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    well. after seeing Fords comments today. saying it would be too hard to ask big box stores to only sell essentials when in a locked down area, and then went as far as advocating people to shop online from big retailers instead of shopping is stores. I will be calling his office tomorrow to inform them I will not be voting for the conservative party as long as he is at the helm.

absolutely disgusting to justify shuttering small business and openly advocate to shop at large American owned corporations instead.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

https://youtu.be/WCQOQmoBmcs

saying he it would be too hard for the big box to sell essentials and not other stuff.
    telling people to order online. Not everyone is set up for online sales. not many business have the logistic network to be able to do online sales. Because at the same time there are still telling people to report business who are "gouging" which means business cant charge more to cover theses extra costs. it makes it extremely unlikely that small business can compete with amazon and the like. poor excuse for leadership

Club Supporter
    It's not that hard to get setup for online or phone orders with curbside pickup if a business has exterior doors. We've helped brick and mortar retail merchants do this since the Spring.

He clearly said not just the big box for online so smaller retailers should look at how they can get their products listed online for curbside pickup.

to say big box can be open but small business have to be closed is just wrong period. your looking at a large chain with there own logistics and shipping divisions, and saying hey limiting what you sell is going to be too difficult for you so you go ahead, and then you look at a small mom and pop with just a handful of employees, and one or two phone lines and saying, you have two choices. change your entire business model on a dime, do something you have never done before that your not set up for. figure out the massive logistics pain for it. or close your doors and send everyone home.

it took us 3 years and 3 difference companies to get a half decent website and you STILL cant order directly off of it.

you know what happens when a small business tries to get stuff shipped. in small batches o one offs to meat deliveries? they get charged extra, while big guys with big loads get free shipping because of the size of loads.

do you know what happens when there is only 10 items in the warehouse and the small guy says i sold one please allocate stock. and then the big guy says I sold 8 but i want 2 for stock. all 10 go to the big guy.

i could go on all day.

its already hard enough for small business to compete. they dont need the government kneecapping them because they dont want to make it difficult for the multinational chain that made record sales during a pandemic already

I still think the majority of us should be working like normal.

Common sense should tell us that if your sick just stay home and stay away from others. Before we could not do this in fear of losing jobs and money. Now people are being forced to stay home for the same reasons. Probably why flu season is just “ covid” season now. Which reminds me, if what we’re doing to stopping the flu, sanitizing and wearing masks, why isn’t it stopping covid ?

100% there is more to this then just the virus, regardless of stand point on this controversial issue, I wish everyone the best and to take care of themselves no matter what. I wish the best for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Leave it to peeps common sense, we couldn't even get everyone to wear a mask let along stay home / away from others when sick. It's just so easy to be part of the solution yet it's the part so many find impossible.

A cloth mask is intended to trap droplets that are released when the wearer talks, coughs or sneezes. Asking everyone to wear cloth masks can help reduce the spread of the virus by people who have
    COVID-19 but don't realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    A cloth mask is intended to trap droplets that are released when the wearer talks, coughs or sneezes.
    Such a basic concept you’d think everybody would understand.
    Helps prevent the wearer from spreading the virus.
    Does little to prevent the wearer from contracting the virus.

Anti-maskers: it’s not about YOU.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Such a basic concept you’d think everybody would understand.
    Helps prevent the wearer from spreading the virus.
    Does little to prevent the wearer from contracting the virus.

Anti-maskers: it’s not about YOU.
    I would be totally on board if it wasn’t for the giant spike in every place world wide that has mandated masks.

They are treated like the holy grail but only a small part of the bigger picture.

IMO, the anti-maskers are all attention seekers that's why they have to tell us they are one. They remind me of vegetarians, everyone has to know they're different from the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Leave it to peeps common sense, we couldn't even get everyone to wear a mask let along stay home / away from others when sick. It's just so easy to be part of the solution yet it's the part so many find impossible.

A cloth mask is intended to trap droplets that are released when the wearer talks, coughs or sneezes. Asking everyone to wear cloth masks can help reduce the spread of the virus by people who have
    COVID-19 but don't realize it.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

^ Easy answer, because only 2/3 of us are doing the right thing while the other 1/3 choose to disregard it.