Have 2 LG TVs. On about 7 years and one about 2

When I bought the old one I had also bought an lg sound bar and it worked great.
Turn on tv and sound bar would also turn on. Volume could be controlled by the tv remote.

When we moved the big older tv went down to the Rec room. And the newer smaller tv was put up stairs in the living room.

I put the surround sound it the rec room and hooked the old LG sound bar up to the new LG tv.

It’s a pain in the ass. It turns on when you turn the tv on with the tv remote but always turns on to a different connect meathod. Then you have to use the sound bar remote and switch the input and then go into the Audio settings on the tv and get it to connect. Every time you want the sound bar on.

I’m assuming this is just due to the age difference since the are both Lg

With deals on now I’m thinking of replacing.

I want a sound bar since, for the space I have I think that would be best. However I would like something that has a second channel and a second set of speakers. Since our up stairs in one big room. I’d like to play music threw-out the whole upstairs. Or only on One end or the other the other depending on where people are sitting.

Suggestions?