Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  115
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Autobahn Race Series

Wowzers, nicely done.

Congrats again Ross.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Off my meds again
    I finally got iRacing, so I'll have to check this out.... If I ever get out of the Rookie Class. lol

Quote Originally Posted by StAnger View Post
    I finally got iRacing, so I'll have to check this out.... If I ever get out of the Rookie Class. lol
    If you need any help with anything let me know.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Off my meds again
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    If you need any help with anything let me know.
    Any suggestions on not getting taken out every race?

Edit:
    I've found out that I'm pretty good with the Legends cars at USA Speedway with 3 front row starts. Though two of those ended up in me getting taken out on the first lap, and the most resent was a near miss. However, I was able to come back to a second place finish.

As for road racing, I did some testing at Lime Rock with an MX5... It didn't go well. lol
    Last edited by StAnger; 01-03-2021 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StAnger View Post
    Any suggestions on not getting taken out every race?

Edit:
    I've found out that I'm pretty good with the Legends cars at USA Speedway with 3 front row starts. Though two of those ended up in me getting taken out on the first lap, and the most resent was a near miss. However, I was able to come back to a second place finish.

As for road racing, I did some testing at Lime Rock with an MX5... It didn't go well. lol
    From what I remember and understand. All that matters to get out of Rookie is your safety rating. Safety rating comes from no contacts or offtracks.
    Starting up at the front will result in more competitive racing. So my advice would to potentially not qual and start in the back and just ride around for the safety rating.
    I really only do the road stuff so can't give that much input on the oval side of things.

Off my meds again
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    From what I remember and understand. All that matters to get out of Rookie is your safety rating. Safety rating comes from no contacts or offtracks.
    Starting up at the front will result in more competitive racing. So my advice would to potentially not qual and start in the back and just ride around for the safety rating.
    I really only do the road stuff so can't give that much input on the oval side of things.
    I tried not qualifying, and still get hit.

I did notice, that I'm now up to a D license in ovals. Which is good.

Highly recommend watching this for anyone that missed the race. I timestamped the last 15mins of the race.
    I had a HUGE comeback in this race. Qualified 3rd, got up to 2nd by corner 2 lap 1... by corner 3 I was last (16th). Got spun.
    Drove my butt off to get back up to these guys. Here's the battle for 2nd, 3rd & 4th.

You freakin killed it Ross.