Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  4

Thread: electrical questions?

electrical questions?

Hey folks,

So, I've got a basic understanding of wiring - but truthfully, most wiring baffles me and looking at diagrams makes me crosseyed.

I've got a "79" mustang (It's built from 4 different cars like any mustang out there - But I used the 79 chassis and engine harness.
    For fuel/intake I'm running a sniper EFI system - so it has it's own wiring harness.

I've wired the car up, have power to everything - programmed the EFI module - but I have ZERO power at the 12v switch wire (red with blue stripe) for the solenoid. the 79 didn't feature a clutch safety switch on it (as far as I've been able to find out) But I cannot get the solenoid to trigger.

I've bypassed the solenoid to test (so I know it's not the issue)

I've also got a set of wires that lead to the solenoid that's grounded?? without it connected, there's no power to any of the EFI (a thin red wire from the loom that splits into a thicker green (to solenoid) and a yellow that runs up towards the headlight harness)
    Check out my Instagram for more on my build

https://www.instagram.com/my83mustang

do you have signal at the ignition switch?

Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    do you have signal at the ignition switch?
    Yes, I managed to trace the problem to the lack of the Duraspark ignition - Seems that the Hyperspark ignition box (which eliminates the duraspark module) It's engineered to be a standalone ignition management system. It has also has removed my 12v key-on source at the solenoid. My only option is to run a separate wire to the solenoid or run an independent ignition trigger switch.
    Check out my Instagram for more on my build

https://www.instagram.com/my83mustang