Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.0 eco boost or 2.7ecoboost

2.0 eco boost or 2.7ecoboost

since ford.ca is showing Bronco pricing running at 7% financing and my guy tells me most likely wont see one till the 2022 model year. I don't thing the new service van is going to be a bronco.

looking at jumping back into an edge as my 2013 serviced me flawlessly to over 250000kms.

looking at 2 right now. both same color and similar options.

one is an ST-line well equipped. awd. comes with the 2.0 ecoboost.

other is an ST. slightly better equipped but gets the 2.7 ecoboost.

I dont really need the extra options that the ST offers over the ST-line but I dont like an under powered suv. My 13 had the 3.5 non turbo which was good for about 35 more hp than the new 2.0 has. i never found it lacking for power but It did get the odd trailer on the back or the boat when headed away and the truck was towing the travel trailer.

I know the 2.7 is a fantastic motor.

is the 2.0 just as good?

has anyone done any towing with the 2.0?

when we traded the truck in I stepped back down to the 5.0 and wish I had of waited to get back into a 3.5eb. 5.0 is a great motor but that extra torque is hugely noticeable when towing. don't want to make the same mistake.

Odd, there’s a Bronco Sport at Fines Ford.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

Quote Originally Posted by xeninworx View Post
    Odd, there’s a Bronco Sport at Fines Ford.
    The real bronco not the sport. Lol. The sport right now is extremely poorly optioned for the price IMO. And not a huge fan of the look.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    The real bronco not the sport. Lol. The sport right now is extremely poorly optioned for the price IMO. And. It a huge fan of the look.
    Yeah I’m not a fan of the sport either. Looks wimpy.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

I would think if you were happy with the N/A 3.5, then you'll be fine with the 2.0T. I made the mistake of test driving a 2.7L and there was no going back. ST's were expensive at the time, so I ended up with a '18 Sport. ST pricing is much better now, but I took a quick look the other day and was surprised how much cheaper the '18 Sports still are compared to the '19 and '20 STs. Branding works.

Yeah cost is other aspect. Price difference works out to about 8 grand

But that dosnt just get the better motor. Also get the better stereo, heated and cooled seats heated wheel, adaptive Cruze, lane keeping and all that other high tech stuff. Not needed for a service vehicle but super nice. Lol.

If nothing g else adaptive cruise is so good. Makes being out of the road so stress free when it comes to ever Johnny can’t hold speed out there

You can't compare the ST line to the ST. The line is just badging and a few trim pieces.
    IDK I love my Edge ST. I buy a lot of Fords and this is by far my favourite.
    With some Livernois goodies it runs low 13's and still gets 8/L per 100 kms at 115 km/h.
    Its just a great vehicle. Also first vehicle I've ever owned for almost 2 years and not a single warranty issue.
    When my Bronco arrives I not sure if I will trade the ST on it or not. I might just keep it.

Thanks that good to know on the fuel economy.
    The Ford website says 11l/100km. Was hoping it would be better than that

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Thanks that good to know on the fuel economy.
    The Ford website says 11l/100km. Was hoping it would be better than that
    If you stay out of sport mode and out of the boost its not bad in the city. But I added a annoying blow off valve to bring back my inner youth so in the city mines not that great.

Lol both the F150 with the Borlas and the 440 in sport more are the same.