Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car vs SUV

Car vs SUV

OK. Just for fun as I'm not planning a new vehicle this next few months (although, hmm, I've had the Jag almost as long as 4 of my Mustangs!)
    Those of you whose second car was changed from a car for an SUV. Any thoughts or comments on whether it was a good idea?
    Any particular model that was really good?
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

I love my Caddy !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

Like, what is the pretense? For a second vehicle? I see zero point in having a second weekend vehicle be an SUV. Primary vehicle? Fuck ya get a solid reliable truck or SUV. Hell if you can only have one vehicle get the most ridiculous fucking SUV or truck you can. Raptor/Trackhawk/TRX/SVR fucking send it because that's "practical" and has hot nasty badass speed.

BUT

The huge caveat is that if you already have a DD that can do all the reliable, pedestrian, errand work why buy a something so compromised as the toy? Like why suffer the added mass of a 2nd/3rd row os seats, giant body panels, transfer cases and the like if you already have that in your DD? If you want a fun second vehicle a car just can do so much more and 99% of the time is less than the options to be had in the "sport SUV" category. Like IDFk why anyone would daily drive a Grand Cherokee to have Trackhawk as their tow? Just buy the one damn Trackhawk and use it 24/7. Or why drive around in crammed in a Ford Fusion to use your Raptor on weekends? Guarantee the insurance and maintenance on both negates any fuel savings if thats your angle.

I mean literally the only excepts to the rule are Lightnings and early S/C HD F150s, the Sy/Ty twins, SS454 trucks and SRT10 Rams. And thats super niche shit that you basically have to be a fan of from the jump to want, not something you just buy on a whim.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Went from a car to a Honda CRV about 4 years ago, I’m a car guy so I don’t really like it, but the room is useful for the kids and dog. Now for some reason I’m selling the Honda and getting a Durango, more room, but way more fuel, harder to park, etc...again, kids and dog, kids are older now, have hockey bags and stuff.
    Suv is only nice if you need it for random hauling, or you feel unsafe low down in a car. I miss my cars and will get back in one one day.

SUV = marketing a more manly mini van
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    SUV = marketing a more manly mini van
    Yes, this is true depending what you’re looking at. Grand Cherokee/Explorer and bigger is not nearly a minivan though, more geared for towing and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    OK. Just for fun as I'm not planning a new vehicle this next few months (although, hmm, I've had the Jag almost as long as 4 of my Mustangs!)
    Those of you whose second car was changed from a car for an SUV. Any thoughts or comments on whether it was a good idea?
    Any particular model that was really good?
    will it be blue....? lol I think Jeep is coming out with a 392 option
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

SUV....I have 2 one is a Chevy the other a Jeep!!

2019 Roush Race Red RS3 Mustang GT
    2019 White Jeep Cherokee 4x4 Ltd
    2019 Chevy Equinox AWD

We just moved off from our 2012 Escape that my wife drives when I got my new company car (2021 Audi A4) and bought out my previous company car (2017 Infiniti Q50S) for her. She preferred the SUV for utility, but the car is much better to drive, easier to park.

I am very much a car guy as well, previously had a Highlander for a couple years, was never a big fan of it

A lot depends on context. My wife has a Forester and it's a heck of a lot easier to buckle up kids in a car seat than in my previous Impreza or her old civic. Strollers are a lot easier to get in and out than something with a trunk. My second car is a Soul (technically registered as a truck/van) and not having to sit down or get out of something too low is nice on those stiff days. For us the utility is more important and useful for a main car, especially since we have my fun car.