Track day July 25th, 2022

20220725_152529.jpg

Before heading to the track we did some upgrading onto the DECH. The DECH got a brand new maximum motorsports clutch cable and quadrant/adjuster. The old cable was starting to bind and was having a hard time getting it into gear once the trans got hot after track day. Install went smooth as silk and also put on a new belt as the old one was starting to look a bit suspect.

I had a really great time at the track. For once I wasn't all that nervous about going and was able to eat some food in the morning which kept me energized for most of the day. The car ran really well and felt insanely good from a balance POV. Not much understeer and just enough on throttle oversteer where I could rotate the car at will. It was insanely fun to drive and throw around... couldn't have been happier with it.
It was an open lapping day at TMP so there were some new comers out there that were way off of my pace, so unfortunately wasn't able to string out a bunch of good laps in a row... but when I am on a clean hot lap, I can consistently now put it in the 1.22s at TMP. I am basically running my old PB's as my new consistent laps... which I'm super stoked about. I had a new PB of a 1.22.2xx at the end of the day... sadly my next two laps were held up by traffic... and I think I would have been in the 1.21s looking at my early sector splits.

All in all, extremely happy with the car, it's so easy to drive and is very predictable. The only slight problem I am having now is, I am cornering so hard, the rear end is moving or the tire is deflecting enough and it is now hitting the Left side tail pipe which is in turn moving the tail pipe into the frame rail. Not a big deal at all, going to put a spacer on it to give it some more room.

Up next on the mods lists is PAN HARD BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Super excited to see what that does for it. I can't wait!
Here are some pics from the day. Enjoy

20220725_103807.jpg
20220725_095206.jpg
20220725_154556.jpg
20220725_152448.jpg