Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1,395

Thread: Zippy's 98

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Track day September 15th, 2022

Best track day yet?
    Most likely the last track day of the year for me happened this past Thursday @ TMP. The changes I made to the car worked really really well. Camber 3deg negative, toe zero & went way up on compression settings on my koni shocks all the way around. The track in the morning was quite slippery for some reason, I think I lacked tire temp. However, after lunch, the car started to really work well. My lap times throughout the day went from a low 1.22.xxx to mid 21's in the afternoon.
    The very last session, i said screw it! Let's drive it for everything it is worth. I did 4 or 5 hot hot laps then ran around really slow to cool the tires... then did another couple of laps. I was able to get it down all the way down to a 1.20.121! That means from my last personal best to this one... I shaved 2.1seconds! Now, the track & weather were probably in the best conditions I have ever run... but to shave 2.1seconds purely based off of 'driver mod' ... I'm pretty freaking happy. My goal of getting into the 1.19s is within sight now! I am excited to get the cams & pan hard bar in and see what it does!
    As always, a big thanks to my dad @ BoothAutomotive for making sure it's 100% before each track day.

I have been currently been driving the DECH to and from school... and hope to do so till late October. Man I love driving it around... even when it has the "bus brakes" on it. LOL.

Here are some photo's of the day.
    Big thanks to the GF for taking killer shots.

IMG_4435.JPG
    IMG_4371.JPG
    IMG_4040.JPG
    IMG_4333.JPG
    IMG_4347.JPG
    Last edited by Zippy; 09-21-2022 at 05:49 PM.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'