98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

B I G Plans for DECHY coming...
    #Staytuned
    (no it's not a driver mod)

Top-Secret2.jpg

Another DECH update...

I am not happy at all with my new Mickey Thompson tires that I bought. Perhaps I have the tire pressures low... but everytime I go for a drive in it, it shakes and drives horrible for the first 15 or so minutes. Going to try upping the air pressure in them to see if that will help... it is what it is I guess.

For the power upgrade over the winter... I'm hoping to buy a set of Modular Head shop's TFS 185 competition heads with a matching stage 2.5 camshaft.
    I've been running the numbers on whether or not I'm going to put a piston and rod in it at the same time to up compression... not really sure as of yet.
    I have learned very quickly that going fast costs big bucks.
    Might even just wait and save up and do it once.
    Zero chance of me motor swapping this car as I think with the power goals I'm looking to get to (around 400 at the tire NA) ... no swap makes sense to me financially.
    M220812327.jpg

In other news... starting to teach the GF how to drive it. (she doesn't know stick)
    Step 1 of getting her to start it and eventually move it in 1st gear is complete!
    Our mini goal is to have her decent enough stick driver to be able to do the parade lap at TMP next Spring.

Track day soon approaching... had to get a few things done on my car for the event.

Track seat finally mounted! Man o man what a pain in the ass that was.
    Sparco's 'bolt in' track put the seat up wayyyyy too high in the car. Thankfully had a Corbeau bracket with a double locking track here. Was able to make some brackets to all make it work together.
    Spent a lot of time messing around with the angle of the seat and getting it centered behind the steering wheel. It's very very close now and really happy with the result.
    It's a big seat for a big guy in a not so big car. lol

Also got some other minor things done such as
    Trunk struts, the old ones didn't hold it up anymore, new ones installed!
    Window switches... yeah... I couldn't put down the passenger side window from the driver side... but the passenger side didn't allow it to go up...
    Anyways... 3 new switches and the windows now work as they should !
    I found a A Pillar cover from a car being parted out (the car had one in it that had a bunch of holes in it from gauges)
    Also installed a JLT Catch can. Interested to see if I catch any oil or not.

Other then that, just need to throw my race brakes on for TMP next Thursday and I'm ready to rock and roll... excited to get back out and keep on improving and learning.

20210831_151353.jpg
    20210831_151407.jpg
    20210831_151418.jpg
    20210831_151620.jpg
    20210831_160513.jpg

Car will be listed for sale in the next week or so.
    If seriously interested, please text me at, 416 876 8931.
    PM's will not be answered.
    Thanks

Alright... the car isn't for sale. One of those weeks that week

DECH update. Car performed excellent at the Fall track day. Getting really comfortable driving it and being able to repeat every lap. I wanted to get some laptimes that day but it just didn't work out.
    I'm looking into getting a window mount for my phone as I found an App that I want to try using next time out. Should be able to see sector times and be able to mess around with different lines to see what works best for the car/me.
    New seat was fantastic, held me in very nicely. It felt very easy to drive the car at speed as I wasn't having to hold myself at all during the day. It was so nice.

In terms of mods to come in the future, I think I'm going to sway away from doing anything big to the motor. The amount of money to spend to make it make any amount of horsepower is kind of ridiculous.
    My current plan is to put a stage 2 MHS cam, ford gt rockers, TFS lash adjusters, TFS adjustable cam gears. This should net me close to 25-30horsepower and bump me into the 305-315 range and be a lot easier on the pocket book.

Some bad news, I had my first 'accident' if you will with the car.
    Driving into a parking lot I never been into, pulled in forwards... heard a crunch... got out... took some paint off the DECH front air dam. It's not as bad as one would think... more so missing some paint more then anything. Going to see if Ford still makes a touch up paint for it (doubt it) or just have one made from Paint Circuit here in Scarborough. It is what it is, I went longer without damaging it then I thought TBH!
    Bought a couple of items from LMR... new door handle pull plastics, mine were getting gross.
    Also bought all the clips that hold the side skirt onto the car. Hope to get those on the car before it goes into storage.

IMG_20210921_092325_534.jpg
    IMG_2292.JPG
    IMG_2318.JPG
    IMG_1369.JPG
    IMG_1338.JPG
    Last edited by Zippy; 09-26-2021 at 08:49 AM.

Finally getting around to ordering the parts I need to do the cams in my car
    On order today...

Ford GT/GT500 Roller Rockers/Followers
    - These improve oil pressure, are lighter and stronger then stock.
    - A bit overkill but fuckkkkkk it

TFS Lash Adjusters
    - This is the last time I plan on pulling the motor apart
    - these are the best lash adjuster to buy for the mod motor

ARP Cam Bolts

Going to sit down and get the MHS cams ordered. Need the cam and the adjustable TFS Cam gear and should be good to go.
    Will have to pick up another front timing cover set just incase the gasket rips taking it apart... other then that... should be good to go!!!
    444874AX_.jpgtfs-21400008.jpg
    61prhG+FaOL._AC_SX355_.jpg