Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1,335
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Zippy's 98

Well finally had time to sit down and fill out my order to Modular Head shop.
    Going with their stage 2 cams and degree service. With the degree service you have to buy the TFS Billet crank gears.
    Don't really care how long this takes to come as I won't install it till the spring.

M197773484.jpg
    M145583607.jpg

I am currently looking to buy a set of light weight wheels for the track next season... if anyone has a 18x9 Enkei rim kicking around... I'd love to use to test fit.
    My current choices are Enkei 18x9 +35 w/ extended studs and a 1/2" spacer on the front.
    OR
    Apex's 18x9.5 +22 wheels
    I got lots of time to figure it out so no rush in pulling the trigger on something. Also going to hold off and wait on Christmas deals... that might come? We shall see.
    RPF1_Silver_rim_wheel__06536.1495687811.jpg
    sn95 (3).jpg
    Apex-EC-7-Mustang-Wheel-Anthracite_480x480.jpg

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

The Dech is hitting the track one last time this coming Monday. Dialed in some more camber... let's see how it does!
    Hope to get my app working and get some laptimes as well. Then throw some parts at it in the spring and go try and beat it lol.
    Also, adding the Fast FC04 wheels to the table for new race wheels for next season...
    18x9 +30, offer them in silver & Black or bronze for a bit more $$

new_FC04-FC04-Silver-Machined-(Flat)-B.jpg
    FC04A-FC04A-Black-Metallic-(Flat)-B_(1).jpg
    FC04A-FC04A-Matte-Bronze-(Deep)-B.jpg

Last track outing in the DECH was a successful one.
    Started off really cold with some standing water on the track. Turn 2/3 and entering turn 1 was really really really sketchy. Just like always, TMP was really windy and the sun was out, the track was almost dry by 11am (second session).
    For this track session we added half a degree of camber to the front... man what a difference in overall front grip. This however exaggerated my issue of lack of rear grip in the car. I need to figure out how to get the car to hook better in the rear to be able to carry more speed through the apex of the corner.
    The other thing I'll be looking at getting over the winter is a new diff. I'm not able to put the power down on the exit of T1, the J (turn 5) and the second last corner that is really slow and tight. It spins the inside rear wheel.
    Everything else was great with the car, still love my race seat and god do I love cold days... the car was pulling way harder then it ever had at the track due to the cold weather.

This was also my first session timing myself. For peeps interested, here's how my times went as the day went on.
    1st Session: 8laps, PB 1:29.919 (lap 7) - Street Tires
    2nd: 11laps, PB 1:27.435 (lap 4) - Street Tires
    3rd: 4laps, PB 1.26.350 (lap 3) - Nankang Tires
    4th: 8laps, PB 1:23:940 (Lap 3) - Nankang
    5th: 10laps, PB 1:23.836 (Lap 7) - Nankang
    6th: 5laps, PB 1:23.700 (lap 4) - Nankang

It was a bit of an odd day in terms of getting out there and doing laps, we had 2 or 3 red flags due to cars stopped on the track resulting in delays, and when the track reopened, the track was packed with cars and didn't want to deal with that lol.
    Still had a blast!
    Anyways... here are some pics of the day... hope to keep on improving throughout the year next year.
    Please excuse how bad the track map layout looks, it looks like I went offroadding in the telemetry. Going to need a phone mount so the phone's GPS works better mounted up near the windshield... had the phone in my center console.
    20211018_103542.jpg
    20211018_094247.jpg
    20211018_103702.jpg
    Screenshot_20211018-201339_TrackAddict.jpg
    Screenshot_20211018-202535_TrackAddict.jpg

Found another pic from the track day...
    TFS Lash adjusters finally came, now waiting on my MHS order to ship!
    Excited for the spring!
    20211018_134021.jpg

Another year in the books with the DECH. Glad to have gone to the track as many times that I did! More go fast parts for next year! The countdown till spring starts !
    Shout out to ZR for helping me do the brakes on the car in the cold last night ... and a tire change... and clean it LOL

20211106_092853.jpg

Mega upgrade on order for the DECH!!!
    Pulled the trigger on a Eaton Truetrac diff for my car.
    28spline to fit my current moser axles!

This should help me get back to the gas sooner at the track and give me traction out of the low speed corners.

Super excited!!!!!
    Thanks to Lou @ Barone Performance for helping me get this!
    His customer service is always 100%.
    Eaton-Detroit-Truetrac-differential.jpg

I am feeling very spoiled today... ZR let the cat out of the bag that he bought me something for xmas... and they arrived today!
    New DECHy track wheels
    18x9 Fast FC04's
    They weigh 19lbs a rim!
    Should save 10-12lbs a rim over my current Cobra R wheels (these are sold btw)
    Can't wait to get the car out of storage and test fit them on... have some spacers on order just in case.
    Rubber to be ordered in Jan/Feb time. Going to be going with Nankang AR1's again but jumping from a 255/40/17 to a 265 or 275/35/18. The 275 tire is 3/4"wider then the 255's!
    More tire on the ground means a better lap time!!!! Super excited.
    They look killer to boot.
    Thank you ZR

fc04a-fc04a-titanium-_deep_.jpg

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

Zippy's 98

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    I am feeling very spoiled today... ZR let the cat out of the bag that he bought me something for xmas... and they arrived today!
    New DECHy track wheels
    18x9 Fast FC04's
    They weigh 19lbs a rim!
    Should save 10-12lbs a rim over my current Cobra R wheels (these are sold btw)
    Can't wait to get the car out of storage and test fit them on... have some spacers on order just in case.
    Rubber to be ordered in Jan/Feb time. Going to be going with Nankang AR1's again but jumping from a 255/40/17 to a 265 or 275/35/18. The 275 tire is 3/4"wider then the 255's!
    More tire on the ground means a better lap time!!!! Super excited.
    They look killer to boot.
    Thank you ZR

fc04a-fc04a-titanium-_deep_.jpg
    Awesome Congrats!!!
    I think he was more excited than you lol - he gave it early and couldn’t wait.

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Little mid winter DECH update.

I mentioned it in another post... but my cams are still not here!!! Emailed them and they are now saying they might ship in February...
    Hope to be putting my tire order in here in the next few weeks for my new track wheels! Going with the Nankang AR1's again. Really happy with how they held up last year, grip is predicatable and from my lap times, they hold on and are consistent lap to lap. Excited to be going from a 255 to a 275!

Things that I've bought for it over the winter are...

Phone Mount: Quad Lock
    - Going to be using this for lap times on the dash so I can experiment lap to lap and see if I'm gaining or loosing in certain sectors based off of the line I take. I'm a very data driven guy, so having that info right infront of me will be really useful to getting better!
    Big thanks to TMC for the suggestion, it looks like it's well made and the phone case is really slim and I might use it all the time!

Also been gathering small parts that I need to do the cams and other jobs... gaskets for the motor and changing up a the upper rad hose as the texture it has is stupid looking LOL.

Also!!! I had to buy a fuel tank filler neck for it. The gasket that locks the fumes and gas out of the cabin is no good. Last time washing the car I just got some soap in the gas fill area, sprayed water to rinse... then when vacuuming the trunk out for storage I noticed water in the trunk... FACK! Anyways, you can only buy the seal when buying a whole new filler neck! DAMN YOU FORD! Anyways... on order and I'll replace!

And last but not least... I bought a tow hook/rope for it. Been looking around for months on getting a proper tow hook for it, the only company that made a direct bolt on won't respond to any messages so I had to take another route.
    Rat Attack on the board has a similar setup so I stole the idea of just buying a tow strap. Not sure where I'll mount it yet but I'll find something!!
    Now the DECH can properly be hooked onto if I get stuck in the mud or break down.
    Just kidding, I bought it so I could tow ZR around the track. LOL

... is it spring yet?

vms-898148_xl.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Little mid winter DECH update.

I mentioned it in another post... but my cams are still not here!!! Emailed them and they are now saying they might ship in February...
    Hope to be putting my tire order in here in the next few weeks for my new track wheels! Going with the Nankang AR1's again. Really happy with how they held up last year, grip is predicatable and from my lap times, they hold on and are consistent lap to lap. Excited to be going from a 255 to a 275!

Things that I've bought for it over the winter are...

Phone Mount: Quad Lock
    - Going to be using this for lap times on the dash so I can experiment lap to lap and see if I'm gaining or loosing in certain sectors based off of the line I take. I'm a very data driven guy, so having that info right infront of me will be really useful to getting better!
    Big thanks to TMC for the suggestion, it looks like it's well made and the phone case is really slim and I might use it all the time!

Also been gathering small parts that I need to do the cams and other jobs... gaskets for the motor and changing up a the upper rad hose as the texture it has is stupid looking LOL.

Also!!! I had to buy a fuel tank filler neck for it. The gasket that locks the fumes and gas out of the cabin is no good. Last time washing the car I just got some soap in the gas fill area, sprayed water to rinse... then when vacuuming the trunk out for storage I noticed water in the trunk... FACK! Anyways, you can only buy the seal when buying a whole new filler neck! DAMN YOU FORD! Anyways... on order and I'll replace!

And last but not least... I bought a tow hook/rope for it. Been looking around for months on getting a proper tow hook for it, the only company that made a direct bolt on won't respond to any messages so I had to take another route.
    Rat Attack on the board has a similar setup so I stole the idea of just buying a tow strap. Not sure where I'll mount it yet but I'll find something!!
    Now the DECH can properly be hooked onto if I get stuck in the mud or break down.
    Just kidding, I bought it so I could be towed by ZR and finally make a fast lap around the track. LOL

... is it spring yet?

vms-898148_xl.jpg
    Happy to help Zip.