Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking To Buy A Rupes

Gear drive yes, but not a Rupes for me personally. I believe you are referring to the Millie LK900E. It rotates Clockwise vs Counterclockwise for the Flex. I know that the ergonomics on the Flex are better and the motor of the Millie is quieter. The Millie works ideally with their pads exclusively for ideal results. Price out the Rupes pads and compare them to the class leading Buff and Shine pads and start adding it up. For me I need a wide range of pads as I may work on a boat, truck, trailer etc. The Flex XC 3401 is my weapon of choice and the price is a lot better you would imagine. Most pros use the Flex for a reason. 1. Brushless motor. 2. Reliable 3. Durable. The Porsche and BMW factories exclusively use Flex Polishers when doing minor correction.
    Prices are very similar for both units as well but pad prices is where the difference is.

Like I said before, your money your choice. It's like anything in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by gsoukaris View Post
    Thanks for the input Scrape.

1 would like to buy the gear driven polisher, I think it's the Mele 900, but it is substantially more money.

Is it truly worth it?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Gear drive yes, but not a Rupes for me personally. I believe you are referring to the Millie LK900E. It rotates Clockwise vs Counterclockwise for the Flex. I know that the ergonomics on the Flex are better and the motor of the Millie is quieter. The Millie works ideally with their pads exclusively for ideal results. For me I need a wide range of pads as I may work on a boat, truck, trailer etc. The Flex XC 3401 is my weapon of choice and the price is a lot better you would imagine. Most pros use the Flex for a reason. 1. Brushless motor. 2. Reliable 3. Durable. The Porsche and BMW factories exclusively use Flex Polishers when doing minor correction.
    Prices are very similar for both units as well but pad prices is where the difference is.

Like I said before, your money your choice. It's like anything in this world.
    Thx man, I will check out the Flex!

I'm not a pro by any means. Just an enthusiast that's trying to have better results, for time I spend on a detail job. More & more people have approached me to do their vehicles. I just wanna provide solid results for a fair price.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk