Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  19

Thread: Porsche Claims Its Synthetic Fuel Could Make Combustion Engines As Clean As EVs

Porsche Claims Its Synthetic Fuel Could Make Combustion Engines As Clean As EVs

Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

That could be a game changer for sure. Cautiously optimistic would be my feeling, love the ideal of guilt free gas keeping the same sounds and feel we have now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

May have to google more. Read that entire article and I still have no idea what “synthetic fuel” is?

edit:
    Added science content>...
    Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    Synthetic fuel or synfuel is a liquid fuel, or sometimes gaseous fuel, obtained from syngas, a mixture of carbon monoxide and hydrogen, in which the syngas was derived from gasification of solid feedstocks such as coal or biomass or by reforming of natural gas. The term 'synthetic fuel' or 'synfuel' has several different meanings and it may include different types of fuels. More traditional definitions, such as the definition given by the International Energy Agency, define 'synthetic fuel' or 'synfuel' as any liquid fuel obtained from coal or natural gas. The definition of synthetic fuel also allows oil sands and oil shale as synthetic fuel sources, and in addition to liquid fuels, synthesized gaseous fuels are also considered to be synthetic fuels.
    Sounds like coal and oil sands found a way back into the game.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Sounds like coal and oil sands found a way back into the game.
    Yeah. I mean not "ideal" but overall I'm kinda on board with it still because one of those is a byproduct of petrochemical processing (which isn't going away so long as the world needs plastics and other petroleum products) that would have been waste that's now repurposed which overall I think is maybe better than lithium mining, plus my inherent aggravation that electric cars seem to be very "disposable culture" and I don't think we'll see as many 10 year old EV's on the road vs ICE cars.

TL/DR I justify this because I like the cars that go vroom
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

What no more Barrett-Jackson shows or as some call them circus.
    What will happen to the girl with the tight black leather pants and her cute tushie?
    Just asking for a sick friend.

I read many years ago the German Auto Manufactures have been working on new fuels - until now it went quite - I would of thought Audi to be first - there is a lot of coal in Germany which is also a key component to making a solar panels...tit for a tat it don't think anything will be clean but this new fuel maybe something nobody has yet heard of - sounds promising...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

This sounds very promising. The ICE has potential that has not been tapped into yet. We have the infrastructure to support it. I hope it becomes a reality. If they can get a rover on the mars, they can create alternative fuels for the ICE. I wonder what the cost would be per liter? I for one am not a fan of these golf carts. Sure, they can accelerate quickly, but that's it. They are too complex as well. There is no enjoyment in driving them. To me it's about the simplicity, the sound, and the rumbling of the motor that makes the ICE so special and putting a smile on your face, and not about how big are your battery packs or what kilowatt motor are you running. ICE for life!

And we , even brain dead people like me, can do some work on them(ICE) ourselves. Good luck on doing much to EV.