Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TIRE HELP

TIRE HELP

Was pondering putting on 19 x 9.5 +44 offset on my 06 GT. what size tire is recommended? would like to be a square setup and the car is lowered on pro kit.

Thanks in advance

I wouldn’t go any bigger than 18s on an 06 as the ride and handling tend to fall off. If you haven’t decided on rims yet, my 18x10 Roush wheels will be for sale once spring rolls around.

What will the car be used for? You just want to fill up the wheel wells or want something with a low pro look? Close to factory rolling diameter needed to keep all the gauges in line or are you able to account for a large or smaller diameter?

If you wanna cram as much sidewall and width under the car as you can I say go with a 275/40R19 which is about 1/2" taller than the OEM 235/55R17, or 285/35R19 which is about 1/3" shorter than oem. Both will have pretty squared off sidewalls and fill the wheels wells.

If you want the more modern looking fitment with a rounded sidewall profile I'd say a 265/40R19 would be the ticket and would be basically the same rolling diameter as stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    What will the car be used for? You just want to fill up the wheel wells or want something with a low pro look? Close to factory rolling diameter needed to keep all the gauges in line or are you able to account for a large or smaller diameter?

If you wanna cram as much sidewall and width under the car as you can I say go with a 275/40R19 which is about 1/2" taller than the OEM 235/55R17, or 285/35R19 which is about 1/3" shorter than oem. Both will have pretty squared off sidewalls and fill the wheels wells.

If you want the more modern looking fitment with a rounded sidewall profile I'd say a 265/40R19 would be the ticket and would be basically the same rolling diameter as stock.
    Actually I was leaning towards 275 40 19 if I do a square set up right now I'm 20" Roush wheels staggered that i was looking to move away from.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    I wouldn’t go any bigger than 18s on an 06 as the ride and handling tend to fall off. If you haven’t decided on rims yet, my 18x10 Roush wheels will be for sale once spring rolls around.
    Thanks I have 20's now that I was thinking of moving away from mine are also the Roush wheels.

Apex sell an 18" that will even clear 6 piston Brembos / 15" rotors.
    Pic is of my own '05 / Brembos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

275/40R19 is good all around on a stock ride height S197, but on a lowered car you may encounter some rubbing on the front with that much width and tire diameter. Additional negative camber might give enough clearance if needed, but not guaranteed. I had 285/35R19 on 10" +40 all around on my 07, but it also had about 2 degrees of negative camber as it didn't get a ton of miles every summer.

As mentioned above, 265/40R19 would be a good compromise size if you like the tire diameter large enough to help fill the fender openings.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

I ran 275s on all 4 lowered without any rubbing.

I'm not up on my tire options but there was a time when 18" had way more options than 19" and were generally cheaper.

Al, what profile were yours? On the 20" they were 30s or 35s? 275/35R20 would be similar diameter to the 275/40R19 that the OP would like to use.

Pretty sure I ran 275/35/20 Falken 452s for a couple years