Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 05 gt p0191 error code

Great to hear.
    ~Scott B

Glad you got it sorted, corrosion in fuse boxes is crazy common on domestic stuff.

Monera3v
    My engine bay is covered in sand and salt -_- I am nervous to do a engine wash considering what I just went threw to fix all the electrical issues.

Monera3v
    *KICK's CAR*

The issue has returned -_- I'm done with this car , heading over to RICK's next week

I was going to get you a FPDM to swap in, but you already did that. You did the pump. Have you done the fuel filter? Second step (after calling my local Ford mechanic) said a faulty pressure sensor (up at the fuel rail) would cause the pump to run a high cycle.

This is also a useful link to a link since you mentioned the car may have been in an accident before. Assuming new filter and the pressure sensor is good, there are several grounding points on the right front that need to be good. Yours may be compromised if you had an accident. There is also dialog in this post below that indicates and intermittent issue with an alternator can throw fuel code errors due to improper voltage. Worth a read.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f...1-help-517565/

Interesting vid Steve, had a run of problems with Airtex pumps in fleet service and quit using them. With that in mind, new AT pump fixed the original problem for a week, well worth removing it to check for short to ground triggering the pump. FPDM he purchased is a Doorman, can rely on most of their products about the same at AT, no way of knowing if it's really ok or not.

Monera3v
    if anyone has donor parts to lend me that be awesome!
    i would pay for lending me the parts.

Check the old pump for neg terminal on pump continuity to ground (mounting strap). If there is no connection, absolute fluke the new pump cured it for a short time.