Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 05 gt p0191 error code

If test comes back as showing neg terminal is grounded to the strap, do the same test on the new pump. If yes, pump is the culprit.

Monera3v
    waiting to get home and do the testing!

Monera3v
    with the pump facing up
    1 2
    3 4

^_ that how terminal looks like on the pump
    1 is 12v power
    4 is pump ground

2 and 3 are ground for sending unit

3 grounds and 1 power at the terminal.

when i touch the hat or pipes/strap that surround the pump there is no continuity

2 and 3 make contact with one and another

So no continuity between the pump ground terminal and the metal support bracket?

If no, next, unplug the pump plug and driver plug, check for continuity between pump ground terminal and the chassis.

Monera3v
    No ground at all sir,

Unfortunately, that makes it a fluke replacing the pump did anything.
    So with no ground to the pump body itself or in the wire from the fpdm to it's neg terminal, either the fpdm is fubar or it's being commanded to keep the pump at full tilt.
    I'd still be inclined to double check the new pump before moving on. Figure out which terminal is power / ground. Disconnect the pump harness from the vehicle, feed the pump (+ terminal) full time power via a jumper wire, run ground to the mounting disc to see if it fires up. Pump won't run = it's fine.
    Know you have a replacement FPDM and Fuel pressure sensor, no faith in that Dorman part (I return more of their parts either DOA outta the box or fail shortly after install), prudent move would be to try the pair of them in another vehicle to confirm they work ok. Reason I said don't ask to borrow someone else's, possible it's a wiring / short issue in your car, no upside to possibly damaging someone elses good parts.
    With the amount of harness that has been previously opened up, makes it possible this is an old problem that has chosen to rear it's head again.

Monera3v
    if all else fail, ill try and find someone with an O-scoop , and see if he can perform the test from the video posted above. if that shows duty is functioning i know their a short between fpdm and pump.
    I wonder where the harness for the pump goes. could the tank of crushed the wire somewhere?

Monera3v
    Once I give up, ill just hand it over to REDLINE in scarborough or Dasilva in pickering... What do you all think?

I have a truck for 2 week, So trying to get it fixed within the next 2 week , that way I don't gotta worry about renting

Wire damage would show up as continuity to ground in the test I gave you for the harness between the pump and driver module.