Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  10

Thread: FCPP - First Canadian Protection Plan > 3rd Party Vehicle Warranty Repair

Question FCPP - First Canadian Protection Plan > 3rd Party Vehicle Warranty Repair

Hey guys, any of you have 1st hand experience with this company?

Just purchased a low KM 2018 Mazda CX-5 and decided to add a 5 yr./100K kms. warranty pkg. from them, figuring with all the additional electronics going into the vehicles today, it will give me some peace of mind if something major happens to break. Cost was $2600, and if you don't use it after the 5 yr. anniversary, you get back about 2/3rds of the cost in the form of a rebate cheque.

Seemed like a win/win, but I guess won't really know until either I have to try and make a warranty claim....or collect on their "GPR -Guaranteed Price Rebate" 5 yrs. from now.

Never heard of them. But I have something similar from VW when I bought my vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Never heard of them. But I have something similar from VW when I bought my vehicle.
    Cool. Have you had to file any claims, and if so, how did it go?

It’s still too new LOL. I am only at a hair over 6400 km after purchasing it last September. Zero issues so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    Hey guys, any of you have 1st hand experience with this company?

Just purchased a low KM 2018 Mazda CX-5 and decided to add a 5 yr./100K kms. warranty pkg. from them, figuring with all the additional electronics going into the vehicles today, it will give me some peace of mind if something major happens to break. Cost was $2600, and if you don't use it after the 5 yr. anniversary, you get back about 2/3rds of the cost in the form of a rebate cheque.

Seemed like a win/win, but I guess won't really know until either I have to try and make a warranty claim....or collect on their "GPR -Guaranteed Price Rebate" 5 yrs. from now.
    Make sure you keep proof of every single scheduled maintenance and oil change and make sure you DO every single scheduled maintenance and oil change. They will ask for proof if you try to make a claim. Read all the fine print and follow it exactly or you'll get screwed.