Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tires, tires, tires...

RS4 is a favourite of the low dollar (no such thing really) endurance race crowd as it has pretty reasonable grip as a track tire, and wears very well. Pretty decent in the rain, not as good as some of the other 200 TW tires but when I raced on them I thought they were good. We'd get 8+ hours out of them on track in the dry. For street driving they'll be a bit harsh compared to other non-track focused tires for ride, noise etc. but not intolerable from what I'm told ... I've not experienced them on the street myself, only on track.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Club Supporter
    I went for Michelin PS4s on the Cayman. They are premium money, up to 50% more than some but tread life can be as much as double. I have 3 or 4 track days and 5K street kms on mine with little sign of wear although I am a bit of a Captain Slow as some of you will attest! They are great on the track and on street. They also work well in the wet and a good looking tire to boot IMO. The newer PP1 Mustangs runs these as well. I was into $1600 for my set of 18s so not cheap. Good luck with the hunt Stephen.

I’ve got the Michelin Pilot 4S on my 2018 and love them. Great grip and ride in dry and rain. No track time but I’m sure they’re great. Costly though.

Also have the Firehawks on 1991 and they handle well, ride well and low noise. Very pleased, low cost. No track time, though Ed told me they were great on his SVO.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

If I was forced to one set of tires for both, no doubt I'd have gone with the Michelin's regardless of price.

this channel does great unbiased reviews on tires. They just released one on high performance tires.