Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  728
Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccination, who's received it and which one?

Vaccination, who's received it and which one?

With all the uncertainty over the AstraZeneca version, where does your comfort level fall?
    With the govt flip flopping back and forth regarding what age group it's safe for, wtf is a person to think is safe for them?

Honestly Rick I am not keen on the 16 week extension- those fuckers let the medical community run the country for the last year and decided to take control on the most important decision- I will be the last person vaccinated and will only do the one dose...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

When it was announced two weeks ago I was eligible, before I was even aware received phone calls from two different family members alerting me to possible issue for peeps either susceptible or currently dealing with blood clot issues. Quick Google search and I was thinking there's no way I'm stepping up and getting poked (currently dealing with current / post Pulmonary embolism issues). Now they've flopped saying safe for those over 55 reporting most issues for women of that age or younger with a staggering mortality rate if they do have an issue. There are times I can almost tolerate the govt talking outta 16 sides of the same mouth but this ain't it.

As a retired public health officer, it's difficult for me to say this, but I'm waiting till the dust settles. Like you said above, too many flip-flops and with my past strokes, I don't want to chance it. If I was working, that opinion might change. It might also change if I was located in an area where a lot of people don't give a f*** and the chance of catching covid is higher. I am content with my current prevention practices and I try to stay away from people.

My son will be getting the vaccine since his nursing program requires it in order to complete his 4th year. Our health Unit is using the Moderna vaccine
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

I am not in the least interested in getting any of them
    2024 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red - Performance Package - Nite Pony Package - Active Exhaust - Recaro Seats - Magneride
    2023 Ford F150 XLT - Agate Black - Powerboost - Black Appearance Package - Black Rhino Atlas Wheels (18X9) - BF Goodrich K02 (275,70,R18)

Birth control pills have a higher record of blood clot complications than any of the COVID vaccines, yet they are administered freely.
    However..... if I had a history of blood clots, I would be very cautious and seek professional medical advice, not internet speculation.

My personal comfort level is high as I’ve never had any adverse reactions to traditional medications/vaccines.
    -Don____________

Club Supporter
    My wife has had the Moderna (along with all her co-workers and all the seniors in their retirement facility (independent living/retirement community).....maybe 250 people between employees and seniors (and I believe all the other homes in their national network has received the vaccine with no issues - they're one of the large national companies in the retirement plus LTC homes business so thousands of employees and seniors), my friend's senior parent's and brother have had the Pfizer shots, and some doctors/healthcare workers in our family, with no issues. I would personally be fine with either Moderna or Pfizer. I'd be hesitant about Astra Zeneca given the related news but that said, I'm not in any high risk/co-morbidity groups so push come to shove I'd probably be fine with it although preference is with the first two.

I have no underlying health issues, but I think I’m gonna wait till dust settles as well. I don’t trust information we are being given-to much bs has been thrown around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by R3troGT View Post
    I am not in the least interested in getting any of them
    Ditto.
    Member of the IDGAF+FU2 Community

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrrick View Post
    I have no underlying health issues, but I think I’m gonna wait till dust settles as well. I don’t trust information we are being given-to much bs has been thrown around.
    +1 totally agree with Mav on this one. I don’t really trust anything being fed to us.

Once I am forced to go get it (once work travel resumes) then I will only consider the Moderna or Pfizer options.
    FABMAN