Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  728
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccination, who's received it and which one?

I think its absolutely Stupid that so many younger healthy people have been given any vaccine just because they "work" in the health care field (many who are in administration and work from home, and are no where near any patients) while people like my Mom who is in her 60's and had type two diabetes and is still currently dealing with cancer bullshit, is being told that she is not yet eligible.

I also think its absolute bullshit that so many people who where standing up and preaching how we all need to make sacrifices, justifying bankrupting thousands of people with lockdowns with not a single care for the lives or livelihoods of the business owners effected, saying repeatedly to trust the health experts, over a virus with an extremely low mortality rate for the majority of the population are now refusing to take a vaccine, that has an extremely low mortality rate, going against what the health experts are saying. which is only going to prolong this for everyone.

nothing like putting on a mask and locking down, both things that statistical did very little to stop the spread around the world. but refuse to take the vaccine that can actually fix this

I got the Moderna shot yesterday. No issues s far.

I'm comfortable with getting it and glad to do my part to crush this horrible virus. Looking forward to shaking everyone's hand again over a pint or coffee.

Just to be clear here. The Vaccines DO NOT prevent you from getting or spreading Covid. They reduce your risk and reduce the severity of the virus if you happen to catch it. Get the Vaccine if you want. Still be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    Just to be clear here. The Vaccines DO NOT prevent you from getting or spreading Covid. They reduce your risk and reduce the severity of the virus if you happen to catch it. Get the Vaccine if you want. Still be cautious.
    What's your source for this? My understanding is the studies are still on-going with respect to COVID transmission with vaccinated individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by G-ForceJunkie View Post
    What's your source for this? My understanding is the studies are still on-going with respect to COVID transmission with vaccinated individuals.
    Ok I misread that page. I have seen it in other studies. The vaccine is not 100% effective and doesn't guarantee you will not catch or transmit Covid. Get the vaccine. It does not mean you are immune. Message here is be careful even if you get the shots.

Here read this one. Don't run around and think you are immune and are not a threat to others. It's not there yet. It's a start.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2021032522230
    Last edited by bluetoy; 03-30-2021 at 07:44 PM.

It's the same with all vaccines.
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Where on that page does it say getting the vaccine will NOT “prevent you from getting or spreading Covid”?
    -Don____________

I smell a black flag coming. Lol

Naw, aw, don’t do that. It was a serious question. I read the entire Health Canada page listed, and I must of missed the part about the Covid vaccine not preventing you from contracting the disease. I mean, it’s kinda what vaccines do, otherwise what’s the point?

A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease.[1] A vaccine typically contains an agent that resembles a disease-causing microorganism and is often made from weakened or killed forms of the microbe, its toxins, or one of its surface proteins. The agent stimulates the body's immune system to recognize the agent as a threat, destroy it, and to further recognize and destroy any of the microorganisms associated with that agent that it may encounter in the future.

The effectiveness of vaccination has been widely studied and verified
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Naw, aw, don’t do that. It was a serious question. I read the entire Health Canada page listed, and I must of missed the part about the Covid vaccine not preventing you from contracting the disease. I mean, it’s kinda what vaccines do, otherwise what’s the point?
    No vaccine is 100% effective. They are saying that the covid vaccine is about 95% effective. So that means that 5% of us will not be protected and can catch the disease. If the vaccine is effective for a person, that person can still spread it to others.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...-why-1.5259495
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!