Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  728
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccination, who's received it and which one?

95% efficacy is outstanding.
    Most flu vaccines are around 40%-60%

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
    that means that 5% of us will not be protected and can catch the disease.
    You’d have to catch it from an anti-vaxer, because the rest of us 95 percenters wouldn’t have the virus.
    -Don____________

My wife is a labour and delivery nurse and has got the Pfizer shots. She is but felt a little more on the tires side for a while afterwards. She really researched it and talked to many friends that are doctors. After that she felt it was a good choice to get it. I really think everyone needs to try and do there part but you need to do what works best for you. I will get one when I can to try and help get things back to somewhat normal.
    A co worker of mine got it from a guy he does side jobs with. His entire family immediately got it from him. He said it was the worst 2 weeks of his life. He’ll get the vaccine when he can to not go though that again.
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

yes no vaccine is 100% effective. but what other virus to we vaccinate people for and then still force them to stay home? influenza vaccines are usualy around only 60% effective however we dont force people to stay away from care homes and hospitals once they have been injected.

its 100% idiocy and anti science for governments to keep people restricted after they get the shot. and likewise for people to not get the shot if available.

and our government today talking about posable lockdowns again.

the single best way to promote and increase vaccine hesitancy is to keep people locked up after they get the shot. what's the point in the shot them?

worst part is EVERY SINGLE death from these new variances that are effecting people younger than the base virus is 100% the fault of our idiot government and every single person that defended and promoted lockdowns. having caught the virus is proving to be as good if not better than the vaccine and had then just let the younger low risk population live their lives the first time. those people would now have a built in immunity to these more dangerous variants. this is what happens when we ignore the science and the medical experts that are actually in the field working in favor of political driven idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    Ok I misread that page. I have seen it in other studies. The vaccine is not 100% effective and doesn't guarantee you will not catch or transmit Covid. Get the vaccine. It does not mean you are immune. Message here is be careful even if you get the shots.

Here read this one. Don't run around and think you are immune and are not a threat to others. It's not there yet. It's a start.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2021032522230
    Thank you. Your edit is much more clear and concise about getting your point across. The point is well taken: until there is a larger number of vaccinated people there is still a risk (because no vaccine is 100%). This risk goes way down as more people are vaccinated, but until then, stay the course.

from your new link:
    Many more people need to be vaccinated before we achieve sufficient community immunity. Until that happens, you still can pass the virus to others, even if you are fully vaccinated.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    its 100% idiocy and anti science
    Where did you get that figure from?
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Where did you get that figure from?
    based on Israel's real world numbers after a set number of days and one shot they are seeing a 90 % efficiency and something like a 95% drop in deaths.

so based on the science there is no reason for the government to keep a vaccinated person under restrictions. doing so only causes people to not bother getting vaccinated. there for it's 100% idiocy and 100% anti science.

how many people here saying they would not get the vaccine would change their mind if it meant life as usual once they had it?

i remember when being an anti vaxer was a bad thing

There's still too many unanswered questions surrounding the circumstances but everyone has closed their minds on vaccination - i.e. why aren't old people in homes aloud out - why are we building a vaccine facility when in it won't be needed when its complete - why do vaccinated still need masks - is it going to be a yearly process - if you listen to what the leaders aren't telling us it raises a lot of uncertainty - to have someone without credentials who has nothing but time on their hands to read all the bs from around the world all day, then call everyone else an idiot cause for some reason their understanding supersedes the rest and trumps all is kinda Trump like.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

No interest in an emergency vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    There's still too many unanswered questions surrounding the circumstances but everyone has closed their minds on vaccination - i.e. why aren't old people in homes aloud out - why are we building a vaccine facility when in it won't be needed when its complete - why do vaccinated still need masks - is it going to be a yearly process - if you listen to what the leaders aren't telling us it raises a lot of uncertainty - to have someone without credentials who has nothing but time on their hands to read all the bs from around the world all day, then call everyone else an idiot cause for some reason their understanding supersedes the rest and trumps all is kinda Trump like.
    I’m old enough to remember when people where called idiots and intelligence was questioned right here in this site for questioning masks and lockdowns.

Now those same people are saying they won’t take a vaccine that has far better science backing it than masks and lock downs did.

Call it Tump like but I’m tired of the bs hypocrisy where it’s okay for some people do do something but not okay for others.

The science backs the vaccines if people don’t want them then fine but then we need to end this mask and lock down BS and let people get back to their lives.

I haven't had any vaccine in the last 40 years. Not starting now.