Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  88
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: 2008 Mustang GT/CS Automatic

Very nice Scott, ride is uber clean and slick.
    FABMAN

Carbon Fiber Center Cosole

My car will have itís tenth birthday on May the 5th. It is hard to believe but the Center Console top has been abused over the years and does contain a few battle scares (most of which occurred I am sure when the car was a daily rental). LOL! Time for a Carbon Fiber replacement.

Removed the OEM console top by opening the cover door, removing the two Philips screws, removing the shifter trim ring, engaging the parking brake and then carefully pulling the top up and off.

Side by side old and new.

Pulled the six clips of the OEM top with a couple of small screwdrivers. Getting the little clips off was the hardest and most time-consuming part of the install.

Installed the six clips on the CF top.

Slipped the CF top over the parking brake and shifter, pressed it down evenly and gently to engage the clips and replaced the two Philips screws. Voila done.

It was not possible to transfer the rubber gasket from the OEM console that surrounds the parking brake lever. Still need to come up with a method of filling the open space without the rubber gasket.

Built not bought! Follow this link to my Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Club Supporter newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Nice replacement Scott!
    Just when I thought car was done.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slow 5.0 even slower driver

Looks very slick in there, kudos.

Another personal touch, nice.

I also like the arm rest cover. Is that from Redline?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    Another personal touch, nice.

I also like the arm rest cover. Is that from Redline?
    Al a little better "archive" picture. The cover is from "Amustangrocksleather" got the cover in September 2011 and a parking brake cover as well. Can't remember the guys name but I think it was a side job for him and I don't think he is still in business.

His write-up for the cover:

"The padded leather console armrest covers are a great upgrade over the hard plastic armrest the stangs come with. They install using just a few hand tools and require no gluing. Be sure to check out the "how to install" page for instructions with some pictures that will help with the install. You will see and feel an awesome interior upgrade in about 30 minutes. The covers are made from top grade genuine leather and are pre installed here to assure they will install, fit and look great. Black stitching is standard, but we have red, white, blue, dark green and silver available on the option button located on the store page and we will be adding more colors soon."

Built not bought! Follow this link to my Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Looks great Scott, carbon and chrome really complement each other.
    Mark ordered one and has been teasing me with pics as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Continuing on with the Carbon Fiber interior theme I replaced the OEM plastic exterior mirror switch covers with Trufiber CF ones.

Original drivers side.

CF drivers side.