Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody towing an RV camping travel trailer with F150?

Ecoboost F150 is all you need. Trust me. Coyote do struggle and burn way too much gas IMO. Unless you go turbo or supercharged, then all the power is there.

I have ordered the new Powerboost 3.5 full hybrid and looking forward to seeing how it does compared to my 3.5EB. Supposed to be 9.3L/100km so hoping to save some gas too.
    '21 F150 Screw 4x4 FX4 3.5 Powerboost (Iconic Silver)
    '21 Explorer ST (Atlas Blue)
    '19 Mustang Bullitt (Dark Hyland Green) Vortech Supercharged
    '11 Mustang GT 5.0L (Race Red) 8.92 @ 154 mph

This is a very interesting topic for me to discuss, as I have long dreamed of buying a Class A RV car. I love camping and my family and I often spend time outdoors in summer. I was planning to buy RV this spring, but I still can't make up my mind on the choice. I read professional reviews of different types and models of RV on specialized source, but I could not make a decision, because each of the options has its own advantages and disadvantages.
    Last edited by Oppy; 11-03-2021 at 11:20 PM.

What are you leaning towards?

Just an update to my story here....I ended up buying a 2019 F150 with 3.5 Ecoboost Lariat, equipped with the Max Tow package and 20" wheels. This thing is awesome as a daily driver and tows my trailer much easier than my 2012 5 liter F150. On the highway I can get under 9 liters per 100 km doing 100-110 kmh. Towing the trailer it will get between 18 - 21 liters per 100 Kms. Our trailer is a Grand Design Imagine 2600RB and weighs approx. 6500 lbs. loaded when we tow it. I would not buy anything larger than that considering how it tows in various situations. It requires full concentration towing an RV this size and weight. Even with a properly installed anti sway - load distribution setup, windy conditions and tractor trailers passing you can push you around very quickly. I rarely do more that 100 kmh on the highway. Our trailer is slightly taller than others so it acts as more like a sailboat. Word of caution to anyone wanting to get into towing a trailer, check the truck and trailer specs before buying anything. It's so important to understand payload, towing capacities, weights etc. Towing an RV trailer with a half ton can be very challenging especially for the first couple times. DONT BELIEVE THE SALESPERSON!!!!! I learned the hard way thinking my 2012 with 5 liter could pull 6500 trailer because the max towing spec was 7,700 lbs. Well it could barely get it to 100kmh and the mileage was close 30 liters per 100km. The 18" tires didn't help because it made it sway easier. I'm happy with my setup now and we had some great camping this past summer. Lake Superior is an amazing place to camp and the 9 hour drive there was fairly easy thank God. There are so many beautiful parks in Ontario that we won't be going out of province for a few years....

There are some good videos/channels on youtube to checkout. One being BigTruckBigRV. Cheers and happy camping...