Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  4

Thread: VVT VALVE GASKETS

VVT VALVE GASKETS

is it possible to change these without going through he hassle of removing the whole Cover? The one on my drivers side has been leaking since day one and it seems to be getting worse.

Also just bought a SCT x4 today, im waiting for my 87 octane to run dry before I put in some 91 and try they basic canned tune until i get some more mods.

Any feedback helps!

Wasn't aware Ford sold the gasket separate or does aftermarket make em?

not sure they do either, i know they come as a whole kit, but im in no position to be changing the whole thing. so even if i bought the whole kit, is it doable to just do those?

Have a new set of Ford Racing 3v covers sitting here under my desk. Seal looks to be installed from the outside, may be able to remove with a small drilled hole, screw and a puller but can't be sure you won't end up with bits in the valve cover. Think the way to proceed would be to call Ford n see if the seal can be purchased, asked way back in the day and told no but things may have changed. Do know we've fixed a couple or three leakers by removing cover, cleaning seal and VVT sensor, small skim of silicone and slide it back together, no leaks yet.

Called whiteoak ford, apparently they do sell them individually now. Da Silva's may take care of it for me when I get my suspension done though.

Can anyone verify that this can be done without taking the cover off? Since ford sells them individually I may have a hand at it, I've gotten mixed results through Google, some say yes some say no. ��

Update, I've turned to Reddit mechanix section, I got a few responses saying all I need is a pick or something similar and it just just pop out, and recess the new one the same way. I may post a video on this if I do it.