Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  80
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fire Extinguisher / Mount

Love that placement, but TBH don't really want passengers or passersby (convertible) walking by and seeing it. Trunk seems like a good second option.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Is it going to be for peace of mind, looks, or to actually put out a fire?

Would love to have some of our resident firefighters chime in, but my understanding has always been that you aren’t putting out any fire with anything less than a 5lb
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post

Would love to have some of our resident firefighters chime in, but my understanding has always been that you aren’t putting out any fire with anything less than a 5lb
    Peace of mind/fire prevention. Always worried about an injector or fuel line blowing a seal and spraying fuel on the exhaust, or power steering fluid + headers. Had a buddy lose a very nice vehicle to an engine fire that could have been stopped likely if he had an extinguisher on board so always in back of my mind.

Been considering one of these:

https://elementfirecanada.com/

Small enough to fit in the glove box.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Been considering one of these:

https://elementfirecanada.com/

Small enough to fit in the glove box.
    I was just going to say that this Element unit looks interesting.

https://www.tdotperformance.ca/eleme...fessional.html

I have one of the element fire "sticks" in my glovebox, had it since beginning of last season.

That element thing seems almost too good to be true

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post

Don is right. To be truthful, the ones you guys have wouldn’t put out a trash can full of paper, let alone a gasoline fire. I’m surprised that they still sell them. Even the 5lbs ones don’t do a lot. We carry 20lbs ones on the rigs and I have only 10lbs ones in my house. If you’re worried, get better insurance because it’s very rare that a car is saved from fire unless it’s right next to the station or it’s a small interior fire. Especially if you are in a more rural area where response times are higher.

That element thing looks interesting, but I’d have to see it used on an actual fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by CDNfyrfytr View Post
    Don is right. To be truthful, the ones you guys have wouldn’t put out a trash can full of paper, let alone a gasoline fire. I’m surprised that they still sell them. Even the 5lbs ones don’t do a lot. We carry 20lbs ones on the rigs and I have only 10lbs ones in my house. If you’re worried, get better insurance because it’s very rare that a car is saved from fire unless it’s right next to the station or it’s a small interior fire. Especially if you are in a more rural area where response times are higher.

That element thing looks interesting, but I’d have to see it used on an actual fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many moons ago, a fire safety technician came to my pace of work to give everyone a safety talk and to demonstrate the proper use of a fire extinguisher. After the session was over I asked him about an extinguisher for the car and he pretty much echoed the above statement, He told us a story about travelling on the 401 to go see a client and came across a car fire. Due to his profession, he said he was obligated to stop and offer assistance. He said he emptied five 20lb extinguishers and still couldn't knock the fire down (he used all the units he had in his van).

Well this got deeeeeeeeeee-pressing