Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Door speakers.. plugged in and nothing

Door speakers.. plugged in and nothing

This part of the forum has been quite.. so heres something for you guys to chew on.

Ok, so I picked up some Pioneer speakers to put in my doors. They fit great and should sound decent (not looking for show quality sound) I also picked up the speaker wire adapter for Fords from crutchfeild.

The speaker wires in my doors are there. I have everything plugged in correctly, turn key and no sound. Whats going on? I find it hard to believe that Ford put the wires there but didnt connect it to the rest of the harness.

88 lx, 4 speaker car with a regular Ford cassette radio
    '88 LX

any evidence in the car of a former install? some electronic shops do pretty hack jobs and leave all sorts of wire behind, or disconnect stuff etc. could be that that wire is dead on the other end or it has been spliced somewhere between point A and point B.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    any evidence in the car of a former install? some electronic shops do pretty hack jobs and leave all sorts of wire behind, or disconnect stuff etc. could be that that wire is dead on the other end or it has been spliced somewhere between point A and point B.
    Nothing that I can point out.. there def. was never any speakers there as the plastic was still around the speaker hole.
    '88 LX

How about at the back of the radio?
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Nghtrdr
    Assuming the radio has power and the harness is connected at the back of the radio u will need to test for shorts from the speaker harness back to the radio harness. Use a multimeter and test for continuity from each door wire harness to the radio harness at the back of the radio. Test all wires. The radio harness is not connected to the radio for the test. If all is good, u may have to look at the radio as the fault.

If it never had speakers there, excellent chance they are not connected at the radio end.

Slope
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    If it never had speakers there, excellent chance they are not connected at the radio end.
    Ding ding.

Only Premium Sound cars were pre-wired for the door speakers.

They run in parallel with the dash speakers.

Ok pulled the deck and heres what I see.. there are no extra wires in there.

'88 LX

Slope
    What you need to do is find where the wires pass through the accordion tube in the door jamb.

The harness that's in the door (that you connected your new speakers too) goes to NOTHING at the other end.

Ok I hear ya.. but how? By looking at it, it doesn't seem very straight forward. I popped off the driver side dash speaker and I dont see anything. I also took off the kick panel and still see nothing.
    '88 LX