Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  20

Thread: Hospital Food Reviews...

Hospital Food Reviews...

Hi Folks I'm going stir crazy sitting around so let's say we post up "Hospital Food Reviews"! I'll start...

When I was 18, I was rear ended in my friends Chevette while sitting at a stop light in Saskatoon. Long story short I was on a feeding tube for 3 weeks. I found every meal to be a bit repetitive and bland...

After surgery I was given TPN (total protein nutrition) came in a bag,pumped in thru an IV , the nurses would photo copy pic's of chicken , roast beef etc and tape it to the bag, I was on the bag for 30 days ! absolutely zero food during that period ! they were a great bunch ~ considering I was a complete SOB during my month long stay ~
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

During my 10 days in Southlake the food was mostly awful . I told them I was lactose intolerant, so they gave me coconut milk.
    The first time they gave me curry chicken I called the kitchen service and they agreed to change my menu selections. Still, i got curry 3 more times.
    some of the stuff they gave me tasted and felt like cardboard. Out of the 10 days, i got one single meal(lunch)...a beef stew affair.. which was actually palatable.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

OMG, they must hate you...

Back in the '70s and before, the two local hospitals had full kitchens with chefs and complimentary staff. My late buddy used to work at one of the hospitals. They would prepare full roast beef legs or smoked ham complete with all the fixin's. All the soup was made from scratch. Then, along came the '80's and staff was cut and kitchen services were contracted out. Then they got a brilliant idea to have a company in Ottawa make all the food and ship it by truck to the North Bay hospitals. You can imagine the crap they are serving now!
    Before my wife retired from nursing, she would tell the patients to have family bring in food or you'll starve. lol

Spent a week at casa de milton hospital last year, enjoyed the food and hospitality seeing as they kept me from dying. Got a two week stay coming up at the five star Toronto general- munck building (cardiac) in the near future. Follow up review to follow