Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  38
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lightning Strikes Back As Electric F-150 Set For Livestream Reveal

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    I like the idea. It’s the price I’m afraid of.
    Going to be up in the 100k I think

Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Mustang Occasionally
    68K CAN for an XLT.

As people in North America prefer to drive trucks, This could kill Tesla

I wouldn't bet on that, not everyone wants or needs a truck. It will be a few years before they have any volume production on them. With these and the electric Transit van that is also coming, Ford is going after the commercial market more than anything.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    I wouldn't bet on that, not everyone wants or needs a truck. It will be a few years before they have any volume production on them. With these and the electric Transit van that is also coming, Ford is going after the commercial market more than anything.
    good if the mach E meets its range claims and came in a bare bones version id already own one for a service vehicle.

truck would be much more convenient.

Agreed with Ed. The North American truck buyer loves big V8’s. Not exactly the tree-hugging kind of crowd.
    I don’t think Tesla stole any customers from the F-150 crowd, and I don’t think Ford will steal any of the Tesla crowd with the Lightning.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Agreed with Ed. The North American truck buyer loves big V8’s. Not exactly the tree-hugging kind of crowd.
    I don’t think Tesla stole any customers from the F-150 crowd, and I don’t think Ford will steal any of the Tesla crowd with the Lightning.
    Not from what I see. Ford has been pushing V6 turbo trucks for 10 years or so, and I’m sure there are now more of them being sold than V8 trucks.....this truck will be a huge success I’m sure, Ford has conditioned people away from a big, burly V8.

Fair enough. I do agree that they will likely sell as many of these trucks as they can produce. I disagree that it is going to kill Tesla. It might kill the Tesla truck
    -Don____________

Well the long range is good for epa 483km. That translates to about 338 km usable because Batteries are recommended to only charge to 80% and only run down to 10%. Then factor in any other electrical usage like heat/ac lights, wipers, radio, powersteering. I see real world usage in the 240-260 range. Charging the batteries to 100% takes a long time and is harmful to them. You need something with an epa range of at least 800 km to be a realistic usable pickup truck unless you only commute in the city and never tow or haul anything. Until there is a huge battery and charging breakthrough electric will not take over.

I also agree they will sell as many as they can build. It looks nice and has some great features. I wonder if they can use the battery to heat the door handles so you can open the doors in the winter. lol