Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  66
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fallout on a white car

Just remember that when you clay bar you are micro marring the paint with scratches and will require paint correction. Clay bar is not the solve all solution to removing contaminated painted surfaces. You always need to take the least aggressive route and take off the least amount of paint.
    Quote Originally Posted by CON VERT View Post
    Thanks Scrape , I think I will leave it to the pro's when it needs to be done, till then I'm with Ponyryd clay bar and some wax ~

Ceramic coatings have improved over the years. I purchased a product from a company called The Last Coat - Black Ice Ceramic Coating Spray.which can be found here. https://carzilla.ca/collections/bran...ic-coating-4oz
    It was much easier to apply and buff off. So far the coating on my Tiguan is still going strong. 7 months later and two coats I am very impressed. The dirt lhttps://carzilla.ca/collections/bran...ic-coating-4oziterally just washes off.
    Attachment 24204
    Attachment 24205
    Attachment 24206
    and the plug for the products that I used.
    Attachment 24207

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    Yes @Scrape I would love to know how hard it is to use if you have the time. I have used clay bar in the past (still have some) and was trying to avoid doing it again, but if it’s the same amount of work I guess I’ll just clay it.

So far I still prefer old-school waxing, since I haven’t really been impressed with CC, and there’s nobody in my area I have seen do a good job with it. Many guys have told me about a CC you can do at home, but I’m sure that stuff sucks, and I’d rather just use wax.

Quote Originally Posted by CON VERT View Post
    Can this be used on PPF ? Thanks G>
    I don’t think so.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

The usual answer is yes but always always always test first just in case. Every vendor makes different formulations of a product so the last thing I want to say is yes. I have tested Car Pro on many cars with PPF and no issues. A person maybe inclined to order chemical guys or Adams version of fallout remover and discover that it damaged their particular PPF. Too many brands of PPF and too brands of fall out remover so I always say test in an inconspicuous spot first. If it does react then areas close to the PPF need to be avoided.
    Quote Originally Posted by xeninworx View Post
    I don’t think so.

So Iron X is removing contamination from the PPF?
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

You got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by xeninworx View Post
    So Iron X is removing contamination from the PPF?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Shake, spray directly on the surface after your wash, agitation with a wash mitt or ideally use the Optimum big red wash sponge. This seems to a better job to spread the product evenly and you really don’t want to have a smelly wash mitt. Make sure you do this in the shade or you will damage your paint.
    I am copying this from their website to make it easy and accurately.

• Removes iron particles and prevents the spread of iron-related damage & helps to protect your vehicle from paint system failure.
    • Safe to use, acid free, and pH neutral (pH 6-7).
    • Safe to use on clear coat paint.
    • Safe to use on aluminum, chrome, alloy, or clear coated wheels.

Directions:

1. Shake bottle.
    2. Wash vehicle, rinse vehicle, and remove the majority of the water with a quick towel "once-over".
    3. Spray IronX across the contaminated area.
    4. After 2 ~ 5 minutes rinse off or wash off if dried (depending on environment and temperatures).
    5. Verify all IronX is completely removed and then dry vehicle.
    6. Remove nozzle and replace cap after use (to avoid leakage).

Precautions:

• Test in inconspicuous area before use.
    • Do not use on anodized surfaces.
    • Do not use on unknown aftermarket finishes, or low cost acrylic paint.
    • Avoid using on fabric convertible tops or rubber that contains recycled tires.
    • Keep out of reach of children and pets.
    • Do not ingest.
    • Use outside or in ventilated area.
    • Avoid prolonged contact with skin.
    • Avoid inhalation.
    • Use PPE as needed.
    This is very helpful but your write up is different from theirs....should this product be sprayed on and rinsed off, or actually agitated?

Just clay it and wax it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Yes spray on, agitate, rinse off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    This is very helpful but your write up is different from theirs....should this product be sprayed on and rinsed off, or actually agitated?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    I would highly recommend using this on your vehicle. This product is designed for the removal of any contamination that is imbedded into your paint. The smell is unpleasant but you can get it in a “lemon” scent LOL. It smells like death with a hint of lemon. This product can be used on windshields, plastics, rims, etc...you then could follow up with a clay bar or a clay towel or clay mitt with your favorite clay lube to make sure you got everything off. The Iron X will remove 99% of it off.
    I can go over the how to use it if you want in a separate post.
    Attachment 24189
    this is where I usually go to order it from.
    https://www.autoobsessed.com/product...iABEgKBk_D_BwE
    ^^^^understatement!! I warned my neighbor I was doing it as I'm sure they could smell it as well. I need to do it again soon on my pearl paint on the MKX. Think I'll put on an N95 mask...