Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Educate me on Brembo's & brake dust~

Educate me on Brembo's & brake dust~

Got just over a 1000 kms on the new vert and time for a cleaning, well I gotta admit , the painted wheels (black) that came with the PP1 package are a real PITA to clean , don't know what kind of brake pads Ford used but WOW my wheels are covered in brake dust ! are there any decent products to dissolve this stuff, without damaging the shiny painted surface ?? Thanks, G>
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

this what I recommend. It’s initial outlay cost more but zero scrubbing. To me that is important especially on black wheels. They scratch up very easily.

it is sold through Amazon.

If pads are the same that come in the PP2, dust from mine backed off around 2k.

Do any of these wheel wax's or sprays work to stop or make it easier to get off, I know they could be ceramic coat , but that's a little extreme !
    Last edited by CON VERT; 05-23-2021 at 08:09 PM.
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

Wheel waxes need a lot of re-application due to the heating of the brakes. So basically the answer is no.

Ceramic coating will help but not for long. I remember using, I think it was Black Magic wheel polish and foam wheel thingy, and had good results to clean the wheels the next time after. It was easier to clean off the brake dust from the Hawk pads I was using.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

A product like CQuartz DLux is designed specifically for brake calipers and rims would certainly help out dramatically as well but the Autofanatic Wheel cleaner is the best way to go. The IK Pro 1.5 foamer can be purchases for around $43 and the Autfanatic product itself is $53 plus water. Do this twice a week and you are good to go.

I’ll have to check out the Auto Fanatic stuff. I hate cleaning multi spoke wheels.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

I simply wax my wheels regularly and I can clean the wheels with just a wet rag with no issues even after a track day

Where did you end up buying the AutoFanatic products from?