Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford Extended Warranty ?

Personally I think buying a warranty is like prepaying for a major repair that may or may not happen.

Manufacturers offer these warranty packages at these price points as their accountants have figured out failure run rates. This is how they calculate the price of the offerings as well as how long they will offer it for. If was not deemed to be highly profitable then it wouldn’t be offered.

They calculate the majority will not leverage the warranty during that time period making it a cash cow for them.

That said, you are still covered under the regular power train warranty for 5 years so it all depends on your comfort with risk.
    FABMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    Does the warranty have to be purchased from the dealership you purchased the vehicle from or can it be purchased at any Ford dealership? Also, is there one cost from Ford or can it be negotiated at the dealership?
    Any dealer can sell it, and yes there is room for negotiation on the price. As Don said, it's an insurance policy really.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Roushcharged
    I bought the 5 year - 160,000km warranty on my 2011 Toyota Sienna when it was new. Never used it once.....

^^^Wife did the same thing on her 2018 Rav4. I doubt that she will use it. But it provides her with piece of mind. When we bought our son his 2010 Venza, we purchased an aftermarket warranty (but through Toyota dealer) and it paid for itself.
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Anyone familiar with an outfit called Tricare? I’ve been offered it or Ford’s own. They have zero deductible (at the selling dealer) versus $100.00 at any Ford dealer.
    Last edited by Dilbert; 06-21-2021 at 02:00 PM.

Never heard of it, but I'd be more inclined to go with FORD , always a chance the others could go out of business ect , IMHO
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

^Yes, I’ve since gone the Ford route. Nothing but negative comments online about Tricare. Feels good to be covered until 2027. Especially with a crunchy Getrag six speed transmission!
    Last edited by Dilbert; 06-22-2021 at 12:44 PM.

Peace of mind especially if you're travelling with the car too ... any Ford dealer across North America will honour their warranty, any aftermarket warranty will be hit and miss, especially in the USA.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries