Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford Extended Warranty ?

Ford Extended Warranty ?

Just a general question to those that bought new cars , at the time of purchase did you go for the extended warranty for the 3rd thru the 5th years & for those that did have any of you used it in that later period ?? I know u can buy it right up until you 3 years is up , just trying to figure out if its worth the $2400 now or ??? in 3 years form now if I keep it ! it is fully transferable to the new owner if need also ??
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

In my experience working on other people cars most times the warranty more than pays for itself.
    I’ll be putting a 8 year/200k extended warranty on my wife’s new Acura. We plan on having it forever.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Ford Extended Warranty ?

When I bought my 2013 F150, I bought the extended warranty. My AC went after the regular warranty expired. The repairs would have cost me almost $3000 for parts and labour as they had to take the entire dash and console out, 2 days. I paid the $100 deductible. I will always get the extended warranty from now on. As previously said they usually pay for themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby

Took a 7yr/80000k warranty on my '14 Lariat. It covered broken front coil spring, fan belt tensioner and replacement of rear window slider unit as the defroster took a dump. It payed for its self. Would buy again just for the complexity in these new vehicles.

Got an extended warranty for my Frontier. Zero problems until a month before expiry. Starter started acting up. Went in asked is covered under the warranty, they asked if the starter was still working. Yeah, but, had a couple no-start episodes, would rather replace before it left me stranded. Sorry, nothing we can do for you.

Replaced the f*ing starter myself. Has worked great ever since. Five years and only problems with the truck so far have been the starter, and one blown shock.

I would not get an extended ever again. Sounds like Ford extended warranties are worth it though
    -Don____________

Ram has been rock solid, only thing out of the ordinary just happened, LED partially failed in one tail light. At a hair over $200 to replace myself, I'm good.

The Ford warranties are transferable, just have to pay the cost of the deductible to do so. As others have said, one or two major repairs can easily make the cost of the warranty worth it.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    The Ford warranties are transferable, just have to pay the cost of the deductible to do so. As others have said, one or two major repairs can easily make the cost of the warranty worth it.
    Does the warranty have to be purchased from the dealership you purchased the vehicle from or can it be purchased at any Ford dealership? Also, is there one cost from Ford or can it be negotiated at the dealership?

Extended warranty will have a fixed price based on length.
    I can purchase extended warranty on my Acura through my Honda dealership.
    I assume Ford would be the same?
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Can we at least stop calling it “warranty”?
    It’s a maintenance insurance policy.

There was a really good Planet Money podcast on ‘fake’ extended warranties.
    https://www.npr.org/2021/03/31/98310...ended-warranty
    -Don____________