Likes Likes:  44
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Truth About Owning a Tesla

Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Interesting read. Still not for me yet.

While I am opening up to the idea, living in a Condo where there are no power sources of any kind in the underground parking garage, an EV is not an option for me.
    2024 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red - Performance Package - Nite Pony Package - Active Exhaust - Recaro Seats - Magneride - H-Pipe
    2023 Ford F150 XLT - Agate Black - Powerboost - Black Appearance Package - Black Rhino Atlas Wheels (18X9) - BF Goodrich K02 (275,70,R18)

Part of driving is visceral for me. I really love the sound of driving (with the exception of fart can 4 cylinders and done up M4s…yeah they sound that bad especially with aftermarket gun shot popping exhausts which I will never understand).

I can understand why some would want electric but it’s just not for me. Love the sound of a high performance V8 or the growl of a German boxer motor…even the sound of some boosted 6 cylinders are cool too (just not the new M4s..lol).

Driving should be a total experience in my opinion.
    FABMAN

Off my meds again
    Range for me is still a huge concern. Assuming I can ever make it down south to the Alley, it would suck to be in a bad situation (or a good one) and run out of juice. Sure it could happen with a ICE powered vehicle, but it's a lot easier (and faster) to top off fuel when convenient. To be honest, I think my next car will be a hybrid of some sort, probably a newer Camry. Simply because of the range issue, and because they get respectable fuel mileage while still being a decent looking car.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
    The Truth About Owning a Tesla

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Still not for me yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by R3troGT View Post
    EV is not an option for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by FABMAN View Post
    Driving should be a total experience in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by StAnger View Post
    Range for me is still a huge concern.
    0:4
    -Don____________

Mustang Occasionally
    For a DD, it’s an awesome choice.

Friend of mine is picking up his Model 3 this week. Still going to keep a second gasoline car for longer trips, but is pretty stoked about driving by gas stations. He likes techy stuff inside the car, so likely will also enjoy that.

Personally, I'm not interested in an EV and don't believe the author in terms of his projections for the end of the gas engine. I believe that both gas and electric will co-exist beyond 2030.

As I’ve said many times electric cars are not the answer. We still are riding on tires (friction). The speedster from Star Wars looks like a good design to start from.

It wasn’t that long ago that 20mpg was a huge number, now you can get that in a full size truck pulling a trailer. What will the next 20 or 30 years bring us in terms of the ICE.