Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clearcoat Failure

I’d leave it as it is, to me it’s very hard to enjoy a showcar….. if you repaint it I’m thinking you’ll drive it less and less for fear something will happen.

I would advise to drive it until you are ready to paint the front clip. Once you are ready to do that then you can do the rear quarter. Until then, just drive and enjoy.
    FABMAN

Wish my brain allowed me to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

You could always do some kind of wrap on the rear, maybe a mystic wrap, or a large graphic?
    A bit flashy for you I’m sure, but just thinking out loud here.

Booking appointments with body shops for later in the week. I wish I could leave it alone I really do but you're talking to a person who gets heart palpitations if he doesn't wash his vehicle before every drive (which is probably why your clearcoat is gone you idiot)

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Booking appointments with body shops for later in the week. I wish I could leave it alone I really do but you're talking to a person who gets heart palpitations if he doesn't wash his vehicle before every drive (which is probably why your clearcoat is gone you idiot)
    too funny lol - it wears off with age for me anyway - you wont be happy with a wrap unless you prep all the blemishes first they will show thru - might as well paint - clear can do funny things seen a few cars lately that are peeling - happens alot with paint too in collision sweat shops pumping them out for insurance companies - also the elements can play a role...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    too funny lol - it wears off with age for me anyway - you wont be happy with a wrap unless you prep all the blemishes first they will show thru - might as well paint - clear can do funny things seen a few cars lately that are peeling - happens alot with paint too in collision sweat shops pumping them out for insurance companies - also the elements can play a role...
    Had hoped to have more time with factory paint because paint work terrifies me. Cars been stored inside for all 14 years of my ownership, never winter driven, etc etc etc but guess everything fails eventually.

Clearcoat Failure

Get ahold of Elton at TOXIX and see what he thinks. He will steer you in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Official verdict is that at some point prior to my ownership the car was repaired in this area and what I'm seeing is the failure of the blend agent from UV rays. So only way to fix is to respray that panel. Since I want to have front bumper reshot with a blend in to fenders, and the minor defects I point out on other panesls, been strongly advised that with my level of OCD (re:stupidity) the only way to go is a really a full shoot of the entire car. Yeaaaaaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Official verdict is that at some point prior to my ownership the car was repaired in this area and what I'm seeing is the failure of the blend agent from UV rays. So only way to fix is to respray that panel. Since I want to have front bumper reshot with a blend in to fenders, and the minor defects I point out on other panesls, been strongly advised that with my level of OCD (re:stupidity) the only way to go is a really a full shoot of the entire car. Yeaaaaaaaaaa
    The cars a very tho, wouldn’t it be cheaper to re-spray it then most because of less paint etc etc ? Or am I wrong about that ? I’m not far behind you on the paint, I want the cobra front bumper and since I’m there I need the hood redone and ya……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks