Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  58
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reopening Ontario

Reopening Ontario

Can we talk about how absolutely insane this 3 step plan is.
    First off I voted for Doug. I really did think he was the guy for the job but honestly he's turned into a buffoon.
    He is so afraid of a 4th wave he's sacrificing small businesses like he does french fries.
    I get the virus is real. Have had a couple friends get hit hard by it and even lost a family friend to it but,
    yesterday there was 318 cases in Ontario.
    There are 15 million people in Ontario.
    For the non math peeps that's 0.00212% of the population who contracted the virus yesterday.
    But here we are still in stage 1 about to move into stage 2 which isn't much different then stage one.
    75% of Ontarian's have had one shot and 22% are fully vaccinated.
    The province was doing 200,000 plus shots a day last week.
    Around here I don't see anyone following these arbitrary rules anymore.
    Honestly enough is enough.
    Lets safely get back to normal.

Meanwhile in Alberta.....all restrictions to be lifted by Canada Day according to their Premier.

I read yesterday that Saskatchewan will be following suit on the 11th of July. Both ending all mandates including masks and distance requirements.

WonÂ’t happen any time soon here in Ontario. I also voted for Ford and initially was of the opinion that he was our best shot. Unfortunately instead he bowed down to the left run media, unions and other establishments. He will never be re-elected now.

However anyone who thinks any other party would have handled better is not paying any attention politically and are partisan blind.

Off my meds again
    I too fell into the trap of voting for Duhgie Ford, mainly in hopes he'd be a more common sense alternative to Wynne and Horwath. Yet, he's doubled down on the anti-car hobby rhetoric of the Liberals not to mention his abject bundling of the pandemic.

It seems all he's cared about is kissing the ass of developers (MZOs), making booze easier and cheaper to get, and bankrupting small businesses while Big Box stores have had nearly free reign.

And let's not forget, stopping a press conference to talk about his fucking breakfast. What a fucking joke.

Doug Ford did not campaign to handle a world wide virus, give the guy a break. If it was one of you guys running this Province you might be singing a different tune.

The health of the people in Ontario is in Doug Ford's hands, he doesn't want to take chances on people's lives. No matter what he decides somebody is going to start a thread about how the leader let them down.

I'm sure the NDP or the Liberals would of done better knowing how much they care for the people, NOT!

This will all be over soon and businesses will all be busy making more money than they ever expected.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

Quote Originally Posted by Minaccia View Post
    Doug Ford did not campaign to handle a world wide virus, give the guy a break. If it was one of you guys running this Province you might be singing a different tune.

The health of the people in Ontario is in Doug Ford's hands, he doesn't want to take chances on people's lives. No matter what he decides somebody is going to start a thread about how the leader let them down.

I'm sure the NDP or the Liberals would of done better knowing how much they care for the people, NOT!

This will all be over soon and businesses will all be busy making more money than they ever expected.
    I was more than happy to give him a break until he started ignoring the science in order to appease the liberal mafia.

And no, sorry not all business will be making more money then they ever expected. Thousands will never make another dime. directly because of the governments decisions.
    There is no excuse and no justification for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Minaccia View Post

Why do people always think it's about the political party? I can rant about Trudeau just as easy but his decisions aren't necessarily effecting the way of life for most Ontarians.
    I have no problem with they way Doug handled the Virus last year. But this year he's the laughing stock of North America.
    Just 2 weeks ago we were the only territory in NA in lock down. Let that sink in for a second.
    Todays count 270 cases.
    Yet we still cant see a movie, eat in a restaurant or even have people over to your house.
    It's a joke.
    He's going to be a one term Premier by the way he handled this part of the pandemic.
    His doing.
    And you think business will be booming? Big business will for sure but
    I think you will have sticker shock when this is over and you see how many businesses we will lose or have already lost.

I agree that he's been overcautious with easing restrictions. But tell me: would you rather have had Katie Wynn handling it? Or the idiots in the NDP? does anyone honestly think they would have handles it better?
    There were no rules with this pandemic. No such thing in school as Pandemic 101. I don't think ford was right in every action, but there's no one to say what else he could have done. If he'd not shut us down in April, we'd be screaming at him for all the unnecessary deaths, so he was kind of screwed either way.
    I can say this. With the next election, I can't see myself voting NDP, Liberal or green, so that only leaves Doug.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    I agree that he's been overcautious with easing restrictions. But tell me: would you rather have had Katie Wynn handling it? Or the idiots in the NDP? does anyone honestly think they would have handles it better?
    There were no rules with this pandemic. No such thing in school as Pandemic 101. I don't think ford was right in every action, but there's no one to say what else he could have done. If he'd not shut us down in April, we'd be screaming at him for all the unnecessary deaths, so he was kind of screwed either way.
    I can say this. With the next election, I can't see myself voting NDP, Liberal or green, so that only leaves Doug.
    The problem is by April there was information on what way was best. Information gathered from a round the world that showed that total lockdowns caused more harm then good.

The federal government deserves even more flack for their lack of action in not actually stopping people from coming in.

Your Right Ford was delt a shit hand. But he should have followed the science not the screaming nanny’s who can’t think for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    The problem is by April there was information on what way was best. Information gathered from a round the world that showed that total lockdowns caused more harm then good.

The federal government deserves even more flack for their lack of action in not actually stopping people from coming in.

Your Right Ford was delt a shit hand. But he should have followed the science not the screaming nanny’s who can’t think for themselves.
    The problem with the science is that it's not 100 % decisive. It's not like 1 and 1 is always 2. It could go many ways. There were and are lots of opinions, studies, research, educated guesstimates, whatever, that could go either way. I'll agree that letting the big box stores stay open while forcing small operators to close was stupid. I'll also be the first to say that the economic damage to so many people was and is devastating. I can't imagine how I would have survived if I had been shut down till now.

The worst is the federals. If they'd shut down international travel completely, and much sooner the third wave might have been avoided. If they hadn't given away the PPE just before the pandemic. If they'd gotten their act together early about the vaccines. If If If. I've never voted for a Trudeau and I sure as hell never will.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert