Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On3Turbo

On3Turbo

She goes in today for install of Turbo. I was talking to a friend and he mentioned about WOT Box to help maintain the spooling of the Turbo. I was wondering the pros and cons of a WOT box and what it actually does ?? Not sure how many Turbo guys are in here ....

Other than keeping the boost up and being able to shift gears while in full throttle I can’t think of anything else.

Just found this. Hopefully it will help you.

“N2MB Racing WOTBOX Multi-Step RPM Controller, WOT Box, 2-Step, No-Lift Shifting, Each. What is the WOT Box? The WOT Box is an electronic device that makes WOT shifting easy by reducing your engine's power for a very short timed period while you shift. It allows the synchros in your transmission to mesh easily, reducing the chance of missing a gear and damaging your transmission. If the input shaft on a manual transmission is not allowed to slow down enough it will lock you out of gear time after time. We have developed a solution to the problem by controlling the ignition at the shift point to ease the transition from one gear to another.What is WOT Shifting? WOT shifting is a common practice used by drag racers regardless of if they are running turbo, supercharger or naturally aspirated. WOT shifting is accomplished by holding the gas pedal to the floor and never "lifting" off the gas during the shift. The problem with doing so is when you depress the clutch engine RPMs flare up and a brief amount of time is required for the transmission input shaft to slow down. Even the most successful drivers have been known to miss a gear occasionally. It requires complete concentration and lightning quick reactions in order to pull it off. "Keep the pedal to the metal, blip the clutch, and grab the next gear. Do it fast enough before the redline, and your reward will be a zero lag, constant boost shift." When you WOT shift, your engine is still producing peak power through the shift. With the clutch released, the engine revs up. This increase in RPMs and the full output power of the engine makes it very difficult for the synchros in your transmission to engage. The result means that WOT shifting can be very difficult and...”

I am using WOT Box strictly to act as rpm limiter as it cuts spark instead of fuel.
    I am supercharged but couple negative features i personally experienced is it does allow you to easily go into any gear but say you quickly no lift shift from 3rd gear at wot and yank shifter into 4th, dump the clutch...then you realize you just went into second gear...my car survived because i have soft sidewall bias tires on...after second time i no longer use no lift shift feature. And the 2 step feature cuts spark and my car went way too rich and bogged on launch.

Little 2V 700+ RWHP, Pump Gas
    10.46 sec @ 136 mph

My buddy had his installed a while ago, and Im not sure if its Turbo lag he had some issues with or just , lift to shift and seems to bog down ??? I ll be in his car tonight, see what it feels like ... I ve had S/C for long time, hoping Turbo will still make me smile lol

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehot View Post
    My buddy had his installed a while ago, and Im not sure if its Turbo lag he had some issues with or just , lift to shift and seems to bog down ??? I ll be in his car tonight, see what it feels like ... I ve had S/C for long time, hoping Turbo will still make me smile lol
    Did you go twin or single ? I like the idea of the turbo. Maybe my next project. I was told they On3s were garbage tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

I went single Turbo , was wanting more torque and maybe more hp.... nicer drivability maybe also??... The Americans kinda rave bout the On3 so, we ll see I guess soon now

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehot View Post
    I went single Turbo , was wanting more torque and maybe more hp.... nicer drivability maybe also??... The Americans kinda rave bout the On3 so, we ll see I guess soon now
    Very excited for you. Let me know how like it

I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

The On 3 kits have come a long way and are now a popular turbo kit because of the price, I sell quite a few of them for all applications not just Mustangs. I became an On 3 Performance dealer and installed a 76mm single kit in my 2011 GT and had it installed professionally (most important part) and it kicks butt.

Tuners such as Lund Racing and Palm Beach Dyno are tuning the On 3 kits with ease so I wouldn't call them garbage. The problem people have is they try and install it themselves and make mistakes. Turbos are not blowers so there is a lot more involved and a lot of patience is needed. Once it's installed and working properly you won't be able to wipe the smile off your face when the turbo lights up.

Another great feature with a turbo is you can turn the power up or down sitting in your seat with a push of a button. With blowers you have to change the pulley and belt to increase the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    Did you go twin or single ? I like the idea of the turbo. Maybe my next project. I was told they On3s were garbage tho.

Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

I will let you know, hoping to make it to July 9th ... that s the plan, as long as we don t run into any problems ....