Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  162
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Neighbor harrasing me

I own a stacked town home... so someone lives under us.
    Since the first day, this lady (asian lady) and her husband harassed us about the noise. The day we moved in, we were taking stuff up the stairs... she says her son is trying to study and cant study because of the noise... absolutely un-fu##king believable. We've never had this kind of issue anywhere we've lived.

To accomodate her requests, I put a nice thick rug with additional sound proofing under it, put soundproofing under the couch, my tv stand and even in my kitchen cabinets! Even then, i'm getting complaints from her for our noise levels doing regular every day things!

I had my parents and in-laws over one night, no drinks, no music - nothing... we were sitting in the living room having tea and conversing - this lady starts banging on our door saying we are too loud and they're trying to sleep (this is at 9:30pm! on a Friday)
    She complained to the Condo Board numerous times as well and they said there was no issue with our noise levels... I even had our older condo super send us a reference letter stating she had never had any noise complaints from our unit.

She called YRP on us twice when we had company over during thanksgiving! The officer advised us we did nothing wrong and that our noise levels were perfect... the officer had stood outside our front door for 15minutes and said he didnt hear anything from our unit.
    That was the last straw. After the officer left, I plugged in my subwoofer, cranked it up as loud as it would go and put it directly on the floor to give her something to complain about.
    Every time after that, I pretended like I had a roach infestation and walked while stomping my heels.
    They moved out after 2 weeks.... its been 2 years, they've gone through numerous tenants and they're finally selling the home.

Its been staged and been on the market for 60 days, no luck. Part of me feels bad for them... but another part of me says fukk'em

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    I own a stacked town home... so someone lives under us.
    Since the first day, this lady (asian lady) and her husband harassed us about the noise. The day we moved in, we were taking stuff up the stairs... she says her son is trying to study and cant study because of the noise... absolutely un-fu##king believable. We've never had this kind of issue anywhere we've lived.

To accomodate her requests, I put a nice thick rug with additional sound proofing under it, put soundproofing under the couch, my tv stand and even in my kitchen cabinets! Even then, i'm getting complaints from her for our noise levels doing regular every day things!

I had my parents and in-laws over one night, no drinks, no music - nothing... we were sitting in the living room having tea and conversing - this lady starts banging on our door saying we are too loud and they're trying to sleep (this is at 9:30pm! on a Friday)
    She complained to the Condo Board numerous times as well and they said there was no issue with our noise levels... I even had our older condo super send us a reference letter stating she had never had any noise complaints from our unit.

She called YRP on us twice when we had company over during thanksgiving! The officer advised us we did nothing wrong and that our noise levels were perfect... the officer had stood outside our front door for 15minutes and said he didnt hear anything from our unit.
    That was the last straw. After the officer left, I plugged in my subwoofer, cranked it up as loud as it would go and put it directly on the floor to give her something to complain about.
    Every time after that, I pretended like I had a roach infestation and walked while stomping my heels.
    They moved out after 2 weeks.... its been 2 years, they've gone through numerous tenants and they're finally selling the home.

Its been staged and been on the market for 60 days, no luck. Part of me feels bad for them... but another part of me says fukk'em
    lacking clarity

What i got from that was:

Asian complainer moved out following your declaration of war with subwoofer and tap dancing. The complainers then rented to numerous tenants and are now trying to sell unsuccessfully?

If I got that correct I would feel zero sympathy. They made their bed.

My suspicion is that only one of the couple was the issue.

I have great neighbors on both sides. North is 72 year old widow who's drive I clear and house I maintain. South is a younger couple who's furnace I fixed and shared some of his really good tequila. South neighbors are newish. Prior owners were a 30's couple I also got along with. The neighbor wife got into a tiff with woman 2 doors to the south. Result was they sold at a small loss. Months later the husband contacted me and we had some convo. I thanked him for selling to the new neighbors who are great.

His reply "we weren't so lucky with our new neighbors".

My assessment is the husband is a doormat and tolerated (enabled) princess behavior which is only feeding the beast. Society encourages this as well. Just look at all the videos of restaurant freak outs and other out of pocket behavior. Vote for equity, higher taxes and ever growing entitlements and that's what you get.

A remote island is the only solution for some.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    A remote island is the only solution for some.
    ….Rikers
    ….Alcatraz
    ….Blackwell’s
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    ….Rikers
    ….Alcatraz
    ….Blackwell’s
    Epstein

Off my meds again
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    Epstein
    Didn't commit suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by StAnger View Post
    Didn't commit suicide.
    Just like my car air freshener, didnt hang itself.

Neighbours can make or break a house. I'm lucky. One side older retired couple, say hi and chat every once in a while. Other side 60ish couple and her daughter (mid 20s?), his son was there for a while too but moved out. Borrowed his table saw once, lent him my chainsaw once. Otherwise they largely keep to themselves but are pleasant. Heck, the daughter had a pool party and it wasn't any louder than normal conversation. People behind us are great, his youngest is a year older than my oldest so they play together. Also he grows his own and shares which my wife appreciates. Across is a younger guy, no issues at all. Diagonal is an architect who also runs a construction company who did our designs and is doing our renovation when we finally get permits. Except for nosy Dave on the other diagonal it would be perfect.

I see a Mustang party at your place in near future...lol