Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  162
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Neighbor harrasing me

I have the same deal but it's an old guy. Every time I'm outside he goes outside and waters his garden of overgrown weeds and stares. Or he will sit on his porch and glare at the entire neighborhood from 12-8pm drinking beer and getting increasingly abrasive. He tells me I'm supposed to be opening the sewer grate in front of my house and cleaning out the storm sewer so his house doesn't flood during rain which is insane and also not a homeowners responsibility. He has hit my truck, and others cars when we park on the road in front of our houses because "its our fault for parking on his street". He's also sprayed his hose in the windows of multiple people driving by claiming they were speeding (they weren't). Each time the police are called he goes full Dr Jekyl and plays the "I'm just an old lonely man, I don't know what you're talking about, so sorry" or tells them its because of all the nasty "speeders" on our street and he's tired of kids being hit (no kids live within 5 houses of me and no kid has ever been hit by a car on our street). I want to move so fucking goddamn badly because of him honestly there are times I see him outside and I nearly black out from uncontrollable anger. I've warned my gf that if he ever sprays me or the mustang with that stupid fucking hose I'm going to jail 100% that day. Honestly it took me way too long to even type this post as I kept visualizing what I'd do to him and feeling my blood boil.

Shitty neighbors sucks, lawyers is really the only avenue you can explore at this point which is costly and zero guarantee of any change.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

My thoughts, life is too short to be picking fights with little old lady's.
    Take the high road.
    If you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Exactly ... just like the song by the Headstones -- "Smile and Wave" LOL
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Go over and introduce yourself. If she turns out to be a horrible person then at least you tried.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Club Supporter
    Buy some Borat and Ali G outfits to do your gardening work..she can stare all she wants then.

I'm surprised the police don't treat her calls about you as nuisance calls now after a few false starts and speak to her about it themselves.

Bad neighbours are awful, and yours sounds really bad. I'm lucky that my worst is a retired guy with a manicured lawn and garden who likes to tell everyone what their gardens should look like. I've been taking out overgrown stuff and replacing it with various native plants, seeds and bulbs. He isn't the biggest fan but screw him, I like native plants.

If I were in your place I'd become a 2 stroke enthusiast. Start repairing old boat motors, scooters, small equipment.

Some neighbor's are just total assholes.
    Maybe the old bag will die soon.

That B sounds crazy to me.

Your neighbour may have some dementia occurring. My mother inlaw lived in her own home until her early 90's, and the last 7 or 8 years she was just out right mean to the family that shared the driveway with her. The driveways were so narrow that you had no choice but to step on to the neighbours side,and she would wait until he was in the driveway and she would poke her head out and tell him to keep to his side. In the winter the poor guy couldn't win, if some of the snow blew over to her side she would be out brow beating him. Until this time she was a model neighbour,letting his kids park on her side (she never had a car after my father in law passed away.
    When she went to a home we apologised for her irrattic behaviour, thankfully he understood what had been taking place.

We had a couple really bad neighbours next to our store for awhile.

Scream at customers for parking in “their” (one of the clearly marked public) spot, kind of bad neighbours. The leave bad reviews on your business page because there was a truck parked in a clearly marked public parking spot kind of neighbours.

Trust me I understand the stress.

My advise just go about your business.
    If they are that bad to you EVERYBODY knows how bad she is.

Next time she calls the police offer them a coffee and thank them for their time. Trust me by now they know

As bad as it sounds give it time and she will literally just go away.

ah, litigious behavior.. cops will recognize that after a few calls.