Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Rear Spoiler Recommendations

Rear Spoiler Recommendations

Hey there, new to this forum as I've just picked up a 2012 White V6 with premium and performance pack. It doesn't come with a spoiler so want to see if anyone has recommendation on where I can get one that fits and have it installed profeasionally?

If it's one that can just be taped on (3m) then I am comfortable doing it myself. I'm looking for a lip spoiler or something similar to GT spoiler.

Called Ford but the service rep said usually people buy it new with spoiler installed so they don't have a lot of experienve installing.

Thanks

Did you look at offerings from Cervini's or similar?

Perhaps American Muscle is a good choice as the sell them painted and ready to install. They include templates as well.

There are plenty of aftermarket spoilers for your car which is pretty much the same as mine. Not sure what the installation requirements are, tape or drill.

This is the only oem lip spoiler.

439EC9D2-5C28-4337-ACA2-1A0CD26316A1.jpeg

It requires 4 holes to be drilled. All the oem spoilers require drilling. Oem choices are the one like mine, the lip spoiler that has a backup camera which is slightly taller, the pedestal spoiler from the California Special and the GT500 spoiler. Even if you went and bought a new oem you’d have to paint it. They will all come with instructions on where to drill.

I think the replica GT500 spoiler from CJ Ponyparts can come prepainted and is only held on by double sided tape, no drilling required.

Hope that helps.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

Looks like CJ doesn’t offer that spoiler anymore.

A quick look at the ones on American Muscle and they all seem to require drilling.

Sure did but all require drilling, not that handy and not sure if will cause rust down the road. Thanks !

Yes I have looked at their website but. Seems a bit pricey and all require drilling

Hey Xeninworx this is exactly what I'm looking for. Did it come with the car when you bought it? I see someone selling it 9n Facebook for only $100 so thinking of just picking it up first then figure out how or who to get it installed by later.

The fellas car is black and it's exactly what I want on my white 12.

Yeah mine came with it.

Go ahead and buy it, $100 is good. Just gotta replace the double sided tape and make sure it comes with the nuts to hold it down.

If you install yourself, get touch up paint to cover where you drill. If you get a body shop to do it then make sure they touch it up.

Here’s where the hole is behind the cover on the trunk to the left and the black cap on the right is where the other hole is. If you look at installation pics online you’ll get a better view.

9A8492D7-7F43-4757-B792-AC1CE7C8F4DA.jpeg