Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel pumps question.

Fuel pumps question.

Wondering if someone can shed some light on a issue I had yesterday. Was out for a drive, did about hour and a half of normal 80 to 50 zones. Then was cruising at 30km along lake drive in Sutton Engine temp was about 196* then started to lose fuel pressure then stall and no pressure at all. My car is 4.6l 2v vortech supercharged, return fuel system. the fuel system is plumed 03 cobra tank,triple pump fuel hat running two pumps only. 2 AEM 340s wired to run all the time. -8 supply to y-block feeding the rear of the division x fuel rails, out of the front of the fuel rails to aeromotive reg then return fron reg to tank. Also all upgraded wiring. Does this sound like a fuel overheating issue/vapor lock. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks Mark. BTW after getting CAA to tow me home the fuel pressure returned and was able to start with normal looking pressure.

If this is a "new" setup this season it is a good chance it is vapor lock. I have external dual pump and really gey loud and whine after a half hour of running. The fuel temp seams ok with little change and amperage draws stays same they just get loud. They are dual 320 pump size. Your in tank pumps will be putting heat into fuel. I insulated my fuel rails and added larger 12 an line to pump suction in hope pumps run cooler.

Little 2V 700+ RWHP, Pump Gas
    10.46 sec @ 136 mph

When it quit, could you hear the pumps running?
    Is the tank properly vented?

I have been running this set up for a while. The only change is the AEM pumps about 1 month ago. Directly after I lost fuel pressure I did not hear the pumps. When they cooled down a bit I could hear them again. Last night they seemed fine pressure was good.

What gauge wiring did you hot wire the pumps with? What's the relay system and is it capable of supporting the 30a draw from both pumps?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

-singe or dual relays?

My wiring set up is Dual 10 gauge feed from battery, Dual 40 amp relays fused, 12 gauge power and ground wires. Its a Lethal performance dual fuel pump wiring kit.

If both pumps quit at the same time, has to be either trigger wire to the relays or main power / feed wire issue.

Thanks for the input I will go through everything and make sure its all good.

Assume your triggering via the FPDM module trigger wire?