Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3

Thread: fox 2 tone titanium paint code

fox 2 tone titanium paint code

can anyone confirm the paint code/formula for the lower part of a 2-tone 87-93 fox.
    My research has brought up a lot of codes, but none of them were correct at the paint supplier, including the number on my door sticker.
    The most common name for this I've heard is 'Titanium'

Codes that didn't work
    YJ
    YG
    Dupont C8612

usually Ford is a letter and a number eg. E1 - two tone should have two numbers on the door tag, usually with the main colour # above the accent colour # on the door tag - I've had the same problem with the Pace Car can't seem to get a match the way I remember the colour - It could be another model year colour sometimes from a different decade - I've had factory colours mixed in the past that come back with a different manufacture's name on the can...good luck
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

I did find an option list for 1987 that confirms the lower accent colour is called titanium
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

I found this number 167425 Titanium Frost Metallic at this data base website in the 1990 section Ford section - www.hdpaintcode.com/ford/
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Thanks. I found YX from LMR yesterday (link below) and called the paint shop, it worked. That’s the same as the code you posted above. I’ll report back when I finish paint the bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    usually Ford is a letter and a number eg. E1 - two tone should have two numbers on the door tag, usually with the main colour # above the accent colour # on the door tag - I've had the same problem with the Pace Car can't seem to get a match the way I remember the colour - It could be another model year colour sometimes from a different decade - I've had factory colours mixed in the past that come back with a different manufacture's name on the can...good luck
    Yes, my door tag says 7F (twilight blue met) and 73, which is/was a code for the titanium but they don’t have a formula in their system.