Another benefit I didn't realize until I moved out here....my Son-In-Laws father who lives next store to him.....has a lift!!

Now onto my story. I've done my own oil changes on my vehicles for as long as I can remember. Yesterday when I did the 1st change on my new to me Boss 302, I had something happen that I've never experienced before. I opened the oil fill cap as normal, raised the car and then removed the oil pan drain bolt and let the oil empty. I then moved to remove the oil filter (without putting the oil pan drain bolt back on). To my surprise, when I released the oil filter, not only did the oil start leaking from it (normal), but a whole bunch more oil came spewing out the oil pan!! Nice mess on the floor because I didn't have two catch receptacles in place.

Every time I'd done oil changes before, I'd always secured the oil pan drain bolt BEFORE moving to remove the filter, so never ran into this.....

So now I have to wonder, did a bunch of dirty oil remain in the system of my previous cars unknowingly because I always secured the oil pan drain bolt before removing the old filter??