Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  19

Thread: Settling in Calgary

Settling in Calgary

Just a quick update to say we have finally moved into our new Calgary home this past week. Our lifetime of goods has been in a container since the beginning of July.

It wasn't without a hitch though. We were supposed to have our good unloaded into the new place on Wednesday, but the guy I hired to make it happen....forgot to show up!! Went into scramble mode, contacted the original crew that brought our stuff out from Ontario and in short order, had 4 guys show up to our place on Thursday to move our stuff in and set up our beds, couches, etc. VERY thankful for that.

On another note, not sure if I shared with the board, but I got my 1st speeding tkt. since getting one 41 yrs. ago in Myrtle station north of Whitby (I was 17) while we were house shopping here in mid May. Fast forward, and I went to the local court house to see if I could get it lowered ($198 fine.... 23 kms. over limit, 3 demerits). Turned out to be a wasted trip because of COVID impacts, court is operating in a limited mode for traffic violations. I was provided an instruction sheet and one of the options was to dispute the tkt. Sent an email to the prosecutor outlining the circumstances and ended up with a reduced fine ($126 & 2 demerits). Better then nothing.

Oh, and Alberta loves their photo radar. They even set up unmarked cars in playground/school areas, nabbing you for $200. My son-in-law had warned me thankfully. Speed limit thru these areas..... 30 km/hr. To get to my house, I have to go thru one and noticed my 1st cop setup there this past week. Enforced 7 am to 9 pm. 7 days a week. And yes, I was travelling @ the speed limit. .

Otherwise, have been enjoying it here so far. Neighbors on either side of me seem great. Welcomed us to the neighborhood. Had another couple stop by yesterday and introduce themselves and welcome us as well.

Glad to hear that u'r doing ok in the NEW COUNTRY , LOL, keep us up to speed except in the PO-PO dept ! Take Care , G>
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

Quote Originally Posted by CON VERT View Post
    Glad to hear that u'r doing ok in the NEW COUNTRY , LOL, keep us up to speed except in the PO-PO dept ! Take Care , G>
    Thanks Glen, hope you're enjoying the new sweet vert as much as you can!

Radar detectors are legal here. Thinking it might be a good investment given how prolific they use photo radar here.

Settling in Calgary

Glad all going well for ya!! Miss ya a bunch though. Telling ya, radar detector is a good investment. The uniden R3 is nice( it’s the one I got) . You can use out of province as well… undetectable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They love to change the speed limit up and down and then back up and down with no advance notice.

Quote Originally Posted by redo75 View Post
    They love to change the speed limit up and down and then back up and down with no advance notice.
    Yah, so I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrrick View Post
    Glad all going well for ya!! Miss ya a bunch though. Telling ya, radar detector is a good investment. The uniden R3 is nice( it’s the one I got) . You can use out of province as well… undetectable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ditto buddy! And yes, I'm now seriously considering getting one to run between my vehicles!