Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  30
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm going to drive this thing into a wall

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    With mods you have, more likely vs not won't run correctly on stock tune.

If I had the shorty headers on it i'm sure it would run fine, the long tubes - paired with everything else - i'll definitely need a tune.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    I've pulled my hair out over this many times...lol even with stock setups - the fuel can be regulated by the computer - in my experience fuel pumps work or don't work (you can try and hard wire it without the ecu) - Have an '85 Jeep here now with a Holley throttle body Nice upgrade but has its wows - when the battery voltage is low the fuel pump is shut off or and eventually stalls out if the voltage is too low won't start - there's a lot of variables to look at - had one car that would turn off the fuel pump if oil pressure is low (oil gets thin hot) (don't know if your car will do this) - the knock sensor could be detecting knock - the ecu may be bummed - I've also heard that the egr on these cars can be bypassed but I have never done it maybe something to try - poor wires can cause fits too and everyone well almost everyone never thinks of bad grounds...ask any vovlo owner hope you can work it out but don't fall into the trap of throwing parts at it and guessing
    Hope it's not poor wires because that'll be a nightmare to track. I'll be doing the fuel pressure diagnostics tonight.
    *fingers crossed* hoping its a nice and simple fuel pump issue.
    I'm going to leave the TB in place for now, i know theres some vaccume leaks there but i'd rather throw money on the actual issue - and i doubt a vaccume leak will cause that bogging down when its warm and at WOT.

Alright gents, fuel pressure remained steady at 40psi until i gave it the beans ...it would increase and then drop to 3.2...1.3....4.1...then as soon as id start cruising, it would go back to normal.

Fuel filter check first.

Fuel filter check first.
    Brand new fuel filter, first thing i did when this started happening initially

Gents,

It ended up being the fuel pump. Looks like they replaced it at an earlier time with an awful quality bottom of the barrel unit.
    Had the full unit replaced by a family friend and the car is running like an absolute champ, good power, strong start - figured it out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Gents,

It ended up being the fuel pump. Looks like they replaced it at an earlier time with an awful quality bottom of the barrel unit.
    Had the full unit replaced by a family friend and the car is running like an absolute champ, good power, strong start - figured it out!!

That’s great news! Oh man. I’ve been in this situation before too with a past ride. So frustrating when you can’t pin point the issue. It’s a great feeling when you finally resolve it and can finally just enjoy driving the car. Lol.

2008 Saleen S281 Supercharged Speedster Candy Apple Red #12c
    1998 Saleen SVT Cobra S281 Speedster Chrome Yellow #71

Nicely done................now enjoy dat bad boy.

Quote Originally Posted by saleen27c View Post
    That’s great news! Oh man. I’ve been in this situation before too with a past ride. So frustrating when you can’t pin point the issue. It’s a great feeling when you finally resolve it and can finally just enjoy driving the car. Lol.
    For sure, its towards the end of the season but its okay Many more drives next year along with mods.
    It was definitely extremely frustrating but super rewarding once everything was figured out.

Nicely done................now enjoy dat bad boy.
    Haha GIV'R! Thanks guys.