Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to drive this thing into a wall

Quote Originally Posted by Snaketamer View Post
    This makes me think the fuel pump is on it's way out.
    Alright boys, i think i'm going to take this route and replace the fuel pump.

Throwing parts at it usually doesn't get the result your looking for.

It sounds like you have a baseline tune in the car now? You'd be way farther ahead to have the car tuned by someone locally after you get the fuel situation sorted out.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Throwing parts at it usually doesn't get the result your looking for.
    I agree, I'm going to check the fuel readings this weekend and see what they're like when its bogging down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    It sounds like you have a baseline tune in the car now? You'd be way farther ahead to have the car tuned by someone locally after you get the fuel situation sorted out.
    Seems like it, initially I want to bring the tune back to stock so i can figure out if this issue is because of a bad tune. Most of the guys including yourselves - i've spoken too, have told me it seems to be a fuel issue. I'll do some diagnostics on the fuel side

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Seems like it, initially I want to bring the tune back to stock so i can figure out if this issue is because of a bad tune. Most of the guys including yourselves - i've spoken too, have told me it seems to be a fuel issue. I'll do some diagnostics on the fuel side
    I've pulled my hair out over this many times...lol even with stock setups - the fuel can be regulated by the computer - in my experience fuel pumps work or don't work (you can try and hard wire it without the ecu) - Have an '85 Jeep here now with a Holley throttle body Nice upgrade but has its wows - when the battery voltage is low the fuel pump is shut off or and eventually stalls out if the voltage is too low won't start - there's a lot of variables to look at - had one car that would turn off the fuel pump if oil pressure is low (oil gets thin hot) (don't know if your car will do this) - the knock sensor could be detecting knock - the ecu may be bummed - I've also heard that the egr on these cars can be bypassed but I have never done it maybe something to try - poor wires can cause fits too and everyone well almost everyone never thinks of bad grounds...ask any vovlo owner hope you can work it out but don't fall into the trap of throwing parts at it and guessing
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

With mods you have, more likely vs not won't run correctly on stock tune.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    With mods you have, more likely vs not won't run correctly on stock tune.
    My car was similarly modified (full exhaust, TB/Plenum combo, JLT cold air) and ran fine on the stock tune, actually was faster on stock tune vs a canned SCT tune.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

O2's & long tube headers don't work well on stock tune... they run too cold

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    My car was similarly modified (full exhaust, TB/Plenum combo, JLT cold air) and ran fine on the stock tune, actually was faster on stock tune vs a canned SCT tune.
    Not surprised, while some run fine, others shiat the bed with just CAI, absolute hit or miss.