Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford Stampede 2021 August 29, Flamboro Speedway

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ford Stampede 2021 August 29, Flamboro Speedway

Anyone going to this show? The Stampede always gets some awesome cars showing up. Hoping for good weather. See you there!

Sunday August 29, 2021 at Flamboro Speedway!
    873 5th Concession Rd W, Millgrove, ON L0R 1V0

Plan to attend the all Ford Stampede 2021 this year at Flamboro Speedway on Sunday August 29th sponsored by Mohawk Ford.

Gates open at 9 am with awards at no later than 3 pm. Food on site, DJ, 50/50, draw prizes, awards in several classes, vendors and more.

Park and show your Ford on the Flamboro track!

Admission is $25.00 per vehicle with driver and passengers. Walk in spectators are $5.00. Due to Covid and the short time to get organized, there is no pre-registration this year.

Yep, plan is to be there, hopefully no rain

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

I'm going. I'm betting on the rain not being an issue that day.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Wash out.

We went yesterday. Big disappointment. I do understand the event was put together hastily' and that COVID restrictions didn't help.
    I understood there was to be a presence from Ford itself, showing it's newest models such as the Bronco. There was no factory presence at all.
    Mohawk Ford, a dealer, did have a display including two Broncos there and a prototype Maverick pickup(this one will sell like crazy). There were pitifully few vendors, spread all over; nobody major. There were considerably less cars than the last Stampede 2 years ago. Mostly Mustangs (and an El Camino) and a small scattering of other Fords.
    One thing was good. I was not charged 25.00 to enter and park. When the ticket taker saw the disabled pass on my dashboard, he just waved me right in.

for an older person like me, I have become somewhat jaded. So many of the Mustangs had the same mods, most of them had black wheels, ugly stripes, strange colour combos. I hate to say it, and I'm sure I'm going to get roasted for this, but today's apparently coolest Mustangs seem to have been ricerized. (there's a word for you). Please note: this is my opinion only. I am not going to tell anyone how to modify their car.
    for me, walking challenged as I am, the one concession stand was a long walk away, behind a 3 ft high wall that I needed two strangers and my son to help me climb. Then you stood in a long lineup to get tickets. Then you stood in another lineup to get your grilled meat. Then yet a 3rd lineup to get drinks and such. Then another separate area to get condiments for your burger. Finally, yet another lineup to the single (not well maintained) toilet on the entire property.
    Climbing back over that 3' high wall was a scary challenge and I almost fell. Having a not quite healed fractured hip, a potential fall is terrifying.
    By the time I got back to the car, I was exhausted. Walking with a cane is not fun after 10 minutes let alone for an hour.
    Yes, I expected a lot of walking and thought I was prepared, but this was just a poorly designed, very old venue. Not the organizer's fault that it is not friendly to disabled people. Hopefully next time it's back at Ford headquarters in Oakville.

An hour and a half to get there. We covered the entire show field in less than an hour. Half an hour to get a burger. And then we drove an hour and a half to get home. At least we got some sun.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Anyone take pictures ?

Given how hard it is to secure a venue (especially through Covid) organizers did the best they could, kudo's on the effort.

Just to clarify: by no means am I complaining about the organizers. Given the limited time they had, and all the COVID restrictions, I applaud their efforts. And I'm sure they did not worry about one old man wandering around with a cane.

Perhaps I am jaded. I can remember going to Stampede almost 20 years ago, when I got my first Mustang, and how excited I was. even 2 years ago, Stampede had a certain vibe, a feeling, and atmosphere, that was just not there on Sunday.

Anyway, hopefully there will be another stampede next year.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Step up and be put down Zexhuffer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    Just to clarify: by no means am I complaining about the organizers. Given the limited time they had, and all the COVID restrictions, I applaud their efforts. And I'm sure they did not worry about one old man wandering around with a cane.

Perhaps I am jaded. I can remember going to Stampede almost 20 years ago, when I got my first Mustang, and how excited I was. even 2 years ago, Stampede had a certain vibe, a feeling, and atmosphere, that was just not there on Sunday.

Anyway, hopefully there will be another stampede next year.
    Check out omc on facebook and swing by one of the york region shows. Also Thursdays night, bike nights in newmarket at timmies across from upper canada...usually 200+ bikes anytime after 630pm

Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    father of the year ... or so Zexhuffer keeps telling me!!

I think it was a good show. Did see the new Bronco's, Maverick and the MachE which I'm not fond of after seeing it in real life. There was a good mix of vehicles but I agree it didn't compare as well to previous Stampede shows. I went with some buddies and one brought a cooler with drinks and snacks (very smart to do that for future shows). I only took a few photos of some foureyed cars since I'm very biased towards those. Hopefully next year will be a larger venue. Cheers!