Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Track Day !!

Track Day !!

Kudos to Joe and team, Rick and everyone for hosting this great event today.... It was perfect weather for the event. My day was over early , but did enjoy a little time on the track , and seeing old faces I haven t seen in a while .... Hopefully next time I can drive home.... Anyone have any pics of my limited time or Exciting time on the track or grass, let me know ...

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehot View Post
    Kudos to Joe and team, Rick and everyone for hosting this great event today.... It was perfect weather for the event. My day was over early , but did enjoy a little time on the track , and seeing old faces I haven t seen in a while .... Hopefully next time I can drive home.... Anyone have any pics of my limited time or Exciting time on the track or grass, let me know ...
    Hey mark! How did the Tranny and the turbo feel on the track ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Club Supporter
    I arrived around 12:30pm - was that you over by the nearby restaurant?

Yes , waiting for my Tow Truck.... He got there bout 1:30, took bout an hr form the call.... not bad...Turbo felt good. Haven t drove the car in like 2 months... I was taking it easy and working up to goin faster. I had everyone pass me and then try keep up... Car is at Mechanics waiting inspection

Hope whoever is fixing up your car can get it sorted out for ya.
    Here's the only pic we got of it.
    I believe SteveEH has some more photo's of the incident.
    Also... speedy dry is definitely speedy.
    IMG_1450.JPG

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Yes , waiting for my Tow Truck.... He got there bout 1:30, took bout an hr form the call.... not bad...Turbo felt good. Haven t drove the car in like 2 months... I was taking it easy and working up to goin faster. I had everyone pass me and then try keep up... Car is at Mechanics waiting inspection
    Hope everything is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Club Supporter
    Bummer, was wondering if you were just going to get lunch or gas to return or actually heading home early.

A hose or something with Power steering failed.... that was the fluid on the track... and all the smoke... By time got back to the pits it was empty... Glad there was no fire ... I brought my leaf blower to help cool things down if necessary , it worked well lol....

^^^I had a similar thing happen at Mosport. Tailstock seal popped out and dumped oil right on my cats. Looked like an F1 car blowing a turbo. I remember looking in the mirror and my first reaction was: “woah! Somebody blew an engine!”. Then I realized it was me!
    -Don____________

When the steering felt gone, I thought the belt came off again , Then I noticed all the lingering smoke, then i assumed fluid of some kind.... Brakes felt funny also.... Happened really fast...