Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  49
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storing her for winter, advice?

Storing her for winter, advice?

Gents,

For the first time in my life I wont be driving a mustang in winter lol.
    Found a parking spot for the winter in my townhome complex. However - it still gets very cold in the garage since its technically street level parking - just indoors. I know I need to unplug the battery, put dryer sheets in the trunk and inside and get a car cover. I was planning on starting the car every 3-4 weeks and letting it run for a few minutes to warm up then shutting it off.
    Should I do a rust under coating? Fuel stabilizer? Should it have a full tank of gas?

What else?

Thanks for the help!

I use a battery tender and do not start it , I also put an old towel on the back seat and place a bag of charcoal briquettes (plain) on the towel , open carefully to expose the charcoal, your car will smell like new in the spring, it also absorbs moisture ! add a can of sea foam( fuel stabilizer) available at Can tire with a full tank of fuel ! Cover and your done !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

Unless you can drive your car, better to not start it up. It will not get up to proper running temp just idling. Condensation build up in the engine/exhaust not worth it. A battery tender is good. Car cover. Fuel stabilizer in full tank.

See the sticky directly above your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    See the sticky directly above your post.
    Clearly I made the post before my morning coffee LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Snaketamer View Post
    Unless you can drive your car, better to not start it up. It will not get up to proper running temp just idling. Condensation build up in the engine/exhaust not worth it. A battery tender is good. Car cover. Fuel stabilizer in full tank.
    I dont have any outlets near my parking spot unfortunately. Looks like I wont start her up for a few months then.
    Should I do an oil change now or just wait till the new year?

As mentioned above inflate your tires to 44 psi and park it with the tires on couple pieces of foam insulation to prevent flat spots

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    I dont have any outlets near my parking spot unfortunately. Looks like I wont start her up for a few months then.
    Should I do an oil change now or just wait till the new year?
    Can you remove and store/trickle charge inside? As long as the oil in it is not overdue, I would change when you take it out of storage.

Personally, always prefer to store on fresh / excellent condition oil.

When charging a battery inside, they give off hydrogen gas which will affect your CO detector and is potentially explosive. We had a bunch of calls this year for that, CO detectors, not explosions. Charging in a garage or well ventilated area is definitely preferred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby