Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  48
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forscan and SCTX4 tuner hesitation issue

Quote Originally Posted by FABMAN View Post
    Speedo is off by 3.6% too fast. So it is essentially adding some "ghost mileage" to the Odo when not adjusted. In current state the car is dead on for speedo (GPS verified over a couple of apps and verified on the dyno as well).
    Personally, for that kind of difference, I wouldn't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    Personally, for that kind of difference, I wouldn't worry about it.
    I hear you but I believe that if there a solution to a problem then why avoid learning by taking a work around. Plus I am not the only S550 owner with a tune and aftermarket wheels.

In fact my buddy with blue Cervini 17 GT PP1 that comes to track day did the same Forscan adjustments and is running identical tire sizes as I am with no issues so I know a solution is there. His car is running a Ford Performance Power Pack 3 tune without any issues or codes.

At this point I feel like we are on the verge of a solution that is only going to be delayed by a winter pause. In the spring we should be able to figure out the solution as I strongly believe it is already listed in my original post.
    FABMAN

No wonder all these coyote guys think they are fast, speedo reads too fast.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Don't Trust Your Car's Speedometer

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...ters-accurate/

Interested to hear how it plays out in the end.

Update on this thread. Went to see Diago at his new location. Really nice new setup and it’s great to see DCT back to making Toronto Mustangs faster than ever!

I believe we found the missing piece of the puzzle today and I am happy to report that it appears my drivability issues are now a thing of the past. Speedo is now accurate and the car runs like a freight train!

The issue was that the software needs to be told to accept the axle values so the PCM doesn’t fight with the BCM. Once he configured it that way the problem appears to have been fixed!

So I would recommend if you have an S550 Mustang with aftermarket wheels and tires that have been adjusted to reflect accurate speedometer readings with Forscan go see Diago.

He will get your tune done, wake the car up and you can avoid issues as it looks like we figured it out.

Big thanks to Diago and the DCT crew for patiently working with me to get this sorted.
    Last edited by FABMAN; 04-24-2022 at 06:48 AM.
    FABMAN